5.21.2012

home tour: Nolan's room

Ta-da! The big baby room reveal. I love this room. I wanted it to be a mixture of preppy/eclectic and it turned out pretty funky.. in a good way for me. I didn't want a specific theme, but I got really into colors, maps and animals. I found the rug online and it kinda of set the tone for the rest of the room, then i thought of the idea for the argyle wall and i could not get it out of my head so i had to do it as a focal wall. My dad helped us out so much in this room: building the shelf, planning and executing that argyle wall (!!!),  refinishing the dresser... what an excellent grandpa! My mom also helped: she worked her magic yet again with crib bedding and made the bumpers and crib sheets. I had a lot of fun finding the little accessories and making a few things. I cross-stitched the ABC art hanging on the wall... I started that cross-stitch when I was literally 10 years old (which consequently was the last time i was even into cross stitching.. or probably that ANYONE was into cross stitching) but anyways i found it like 1/4 of the way done when i was going through a bunch of my crafting stuff and i worked so hard to finish it. I felt like such a grandma using all my spare time to cross stitch of all things but I'm proud of it and I think it turned out really cute and i just had to use it in the room, whether we had a boy or a girl. We weren't sure what we were going to do about the crib since we weren't ready to move Caitlin out of hers but then our friends offered us their old one because they were moving! We did a little sanding and re-staining and it works perfectly. Now all we need is this little boy!  
 
credits= rug: lil mo whimsy rug by momeni, dresser: refinished from existing paint color is KWAL "vivint orange" with high gloss polyurethane finish and knobs are from Lowe's, crib bedding and sheets: made by Lori Pelton sheet fabric is Ann Kelle for Robert Kaufman Fabrics, accessories > floating frames: JoAnn's, all other frames are repurposed, alligator puzzle: local artisan (bought at Bijou Boutique), ceramic elephant: Urban Outfitters, letter N's all from Hobby Lobby except for yarn one (made by me), 1960's world map: etsy, animal prints: found online, ask if there's anything I've missed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment