5.18.2012

37 weeks

FULL TERM. what a good feeling. Well, good and scary. It's like now I've entered the "could be anytime and it's ok" phase while somehow still being at the "you never know when and it feels like everyday is the longest day" phase. Regardless, I'm glad to have made it!

-Everything from my belly button down hurts/aches at some or all points of the day. Especially during the night. Rolling over is a complete CHORE.
-I have had some new... symptoms pop up as of late that i haven't ever experienced during pregnancy. We'll leave it at that but still happy to say that stretch marks aren't one of them!
-My legs and ankles are starting to look a little swollen to me, and the warmer weather hasn't helped. Therefore sticking with the maxi skirts and dresses not only because they are incredibly comfy and fit better than my pants at the current moment but also because they cover up said possibly swollen parts.
-I was talking to Paul at church the other day and we were standing by two of the teenage girls and i heard one say to the other "Wow she's getting really big." I know she didn't mean it in a rude way because it is indeed a fact, but it still stung a little. It's like: I know i am big and its ok if i'm the one saying that i am but at the same time i don't want anyone else to point it out, i like to pretend like people don't notice (ha!)
-I am thirsty ALL THE TIME. I think I probably drink about 5 liters of water a day. Not exaggerating.
-I fell! I totally fell down the other day. Don't worry it wasn't in a super dangerous crush-my-baby kind of way, it was in a super embarrassing loss-of-balance-beached-whale type of way. After church i was walking outside with two other ladies and i had two bags with me and i was trying to sling one over my shoulder and i guess lost balance and then tried to catch myself and ended up falling off the curb. I was fine but i hit my knee on the way down and scraped it and to be honest it hurts. But more bruised was my pride... here i thought i could still rock my 3 inch tall wedges while at church being 36 weeks pregnant and apparently not. I mean how do you recover from that?!
-I went to the doctor on Tuesday (kind of annoying how my appointments aren't exactly in sync with my weeks but i guess no one else is bothered by it). I am hanging on by a thread (i.e. ONE pound) below my goal weight that i wanted to stay under. But he said everything looks good! Baby is a good size, I'm a good size, my blood pressure is good.. etc etc. He started laughing when i pulled my shirt up for him to check my belly because he could see the little baby's nubby foot sticking out to the side (he always swings his feet over to my right side so i almost always have a weird nub over there). He said most of the time you can't tell so much detail in someone's stomach so to just see a little nub sticking out was funny. I go back in a week and he will start checking to see if i am dilated or anything.
-Thought it was time for another comparison picture, same week, same shirt:

No comments:

Post a Comment