5.06.2012

home tour: family room

I thought I should post this before our family room gets an influx baby things (love the baby, not the toys and swings etc. that clutter up the room). I still want to get a little round table for between the two chairs, but other than that I'm extremely happy with our new family room! This really where we spend the majority of our time and it's also pretty much the first thing you see when you walk into our house. I've dreamed of new family room furniture for years now and it was so overwhelming for me to actually pick things out that I would like and want to keep forever, and then wait for it to be made, but i did and thankfully I love how it all turned out. All the furniture is beautiful and comfy! We're always fighting over the coveted corner sectional seat now! I've been told that the sectional fabric doesn't photograph as well as it looks in person, so if you're thinking it's ugly just know that it's not. It's a textured kind of burlap-y fabric but very soft when you touch it and then it has a laundered finish so there's some color wash variation. We had the shelves custom made to our dimensions and they are the perfect mix of function, and a little unexpected industrial edge. We really needed storage in the room, but i try to make my kids toys look cute. Gotta keep it realistic. Eventually we may get an ottoman/coffee table option (in fact i have the perfect one picked out) but right now we wanted to keep it open for the kids to play around still. I feel like this room is a welcome entrance to our house and sets the tone for the rest of the house. I wanted something light but family friendly and comfortable but good looking. So without further ado:
credits= sectional and pillows: Lee Industries via Gatehouse Furniture and Design, upholstered chairs: Sam Moore Furniture via Gatehouse Furniture and Design, shelving unit: custom made by Ron Torgersen in AF, standing lamp: Ballard Designs, antique replica wall plaque: Ballard Designs, frames: mostly from Hobby Lobby, mantle accessories: mostly Hobby Lobby, shelf accessories: mostly things I already had, mixed with a few new things -- wooden chest: Down East Home, gray baskets: TJ Maxx, tall circular basket and shorter square basket: Target... anything else just ask!

1 comment:

  1. love it! I am glad you got what you wanted :) and no my due date didn't move... I wish it would come sooner though! Fingers Crossed....

    ReplyDelete