2.08.2012

makes me happy: day 8

So, today i really needed my quotes from yesterday. I knew they spoke to me! I knew they would come in handy. Let me tell you how my day went:
-woke up early to go with Paul to take my car into the shop and drop him at work.
BACKUP:
Yesterday afternoon, my car died. Luckily I was able to coast into our garage and there it sat for the night, not starting. We figured it was the alternator. Then later last night, i couldn't sleep AT ALL. How is it that my body is so tired all the time yet unwilling to shut off and got to sleep when i can? I know those two things seem unrelated but they are important to the rest of the story.
 -k so "taking my car to shop" consisted of actually towing it ourselves using the truck so that we didn't have to shell out the extra $$ for the two truck to come. Wow. That was an adventure. 9:00 AM going all the way down state street to Provo from our house on possibly one of the worst roads ever #1 because of all the stop lights and #2 because there are horrible drivers on that road. You better believe i was on pins and needles as i drove with paul on speaker phone leading me every step of the way while i told him when i was breaking and going and had to stop etc. Luckily we made it there fine with no further damage to either car.
-Took paul to work then came back home to get Caitlin and I ready. Then i had to run a bunch of errands. I ended up back in Provo at Babies R Us where i was trying to return something. Apparently they have a 90 day return policy no matter what and they wouldn't take back my defective merchandise. I gave the girl some major attitude to show my displeasure then promptly left the store. When i got out to the car, i opened the driver's side door (i had the spare keys so i didn't have the keyless entry thing) and threw in my purse and the keys and things i had tried to return then i pressed the unlock button for the rest of the doors. Went around to the other side to put Caitlin in her seat and... it was locked. Yes. I had locked everything in my car, except for (thankfully) my child. awesome. So i had to call Paul, but i did not want to go back into babies r us because of my stink i had made so i went net door. Apparently next door does not allow the public to use their phone (what?!) "but you can just go right next door to Babies R Us and use theirs". Thanks. So i high tailed it back to Babies and called Paul. Unfortunately my call came at horrible timing for him and so Caitlin and I ended up being stranded in Babies R Us for about 45 minutes until Paul could get there. I was so tired and getting lightheaded chasing Caitlin through the mazes of cribs and strollers and clothes racks. Paul tried as fast as he could and ends up he had to get Mike to come pick him up so they could come get me, because of course he didn't have a car there.
-Paul got in the truck with me with the keys and we drove to Provo to check on our other car. Bad news: more than just the alternator. Nothing too serious but it's just never good to have your car in the shop anyways.  
-After that i dropped Paul back at work and went home. This all happened before 2 PM today.

So now I'm at home. Caitlin is sleeping and i'm recovering. And i actually did think of something that makes me happy today: It makes me happy that i have such a good partner in life. The towing this morning took a lot of teamwork and Paul is so patient and loving and always willing to coach me through things, and i think i actually held up my end better than he expected. I am so lucky to have him by my side as we face what the rest of life brings, I know he will always be on my team and that makes me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment