2.28.2012

home tour: the powder room

"welcome to my humble commode"... I have wanted to jazz up this powder room ever since we moved in, and i've finally done it! It's just a little tiny bathroom by the door to the garage, but now it's a BEAUTIFUL little tiny bathroom! I decided to do a stenciling technique to paint the walls (which my mom and Paul helped out with a ton) and I love the way it turned out, although it was definitely a process and we learned a lot along the way. The colors are fun and everything ties together in a non-matching-but-matching sort of way that I'm into right now. Little bathrooms like this are fun to do because it' not that expensive to make a big change and who doesn't want to be stuck doing their business in a cute place?! **I would still like to add crown moulding at the very top of the walls and possibly something over or on top of the toilet. 

credits= paint color: Behr "Garden Room" (and existing beige), throw rug: Tuesday Morning, soap dispenser: Target, light fixture/mirror/hardware were existing, towel: TJ Maxx (had it from before), Painting: Gatehouse

6 comments:

  1. CUTE. i like the towel. reminds me of our college days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! I love this! was the stencil hard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks you guys! Janelle: it was a little hard just because of having to match the pattern up and space it out, i think the easiest way to stencil would be to do one big focal wall and that wouldn't be bad at all. I thought a small space would be easier but all the corners got hard. For me it was a two person job but it was really fun and turned out so cute so i would definitely do it again!

      Delete
  3. That room is so cute! You should start doing posts on decorating tips because you are soo good at it and I know me, and probably many others could use help in that area!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! i have that painting too :) what great taste we have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily: that's what joey said when i bought it! she wasn't sure if it was the exact same one or not but she knew you got a similar one, so fun i love it. I need to see pics of your new place!

      Delete