2.15.2012

Be My Valentine

Valentine's Day was a blast. I wanted to make it a really fun day for me and Caitlin and it was long and busy but fun indeed. Here's how we celebrated:
Slept in then lounged around in the morning and enjoyed our oatmeal with chocolate chips in it.

Got mostly ready and then made sugar cookies! Caitlin was helpful and fun but luckily not TOO helpful with making the cookies. She loved crawling around the counter and standing her little little stool and playing with the dough. And then she especially loved adding the sprinkles. That was her job and she was serious about it. She would shake the little sprinkle can so hard and then once she tasted one she wanted to pick the sprinkles off all of them and eat them all. So i would shake some in her hand and she would eat her sprinkles and then shake more on the cookies when she needed to. All things considered, they didn't turn out too shabby!
After the cookies we got all our Valentines ready to go and set out to deliver! We went to lots of friends houses to wish them Happy Valentine's Day and drop off our goodies and it was really fun. Obviously it's hard work being cupid because it wore us both out.
A bunch of the kids in our neighborhood had set out their little mailboxes and went around to each others houses so we passed out some to them and Caitlin got some darling little valentines from neighborhood kiddos and also in the mail from family. She loved them all and carried them all around the house in her little grocery basket for awhile. 
A little while later Daddy got home! Caitlin got to open her Valentine's present (which she had been so patient to do and only climbed up on the table to pull out the tissue paper once) and she got: a little outfit and a book and a Valentine's teddy bear.
After her presents she went to bed and Paul started cooking me dinner! It was lovely: steaks, grilled asparagus and tomatoes, bread and Martinelli's. It was delicious, especially since everything always tastes better when i don't have to cook it.
When we were about done eating, Paul said "ok are you ready for your surprise activity?" and immediately after that there was a knock on our door! Perfect timing! Paul had gotten a babysitter to come be at the house with Caitlin while he took me to see:
The vow! I really liked it. I had been wanting to see it so badly since i saw the first preview and Paul definitely knew that so i was so happy with my surprise! I laughed, I cried...nothing like a good chick flick on Valentine's!

After the movie we came home and exchanged gifts with each other. As I've mentioned before, I did 14 days of Valentine's for Paul this year so i had one last final gift for him, which was cologne.  It was so fun for me to give him all his little gifts everyday and find fun ways for him to find them and try to think of new places to hide them. I loved it. He got me beautiful roses and also a bracelet that i had really been wanting.
We stayed up laughing and talking to finish out the day together and it only further cemented in my mind how in love with my husband I am and how lucky i am to have him. I really am so grateful for him that he is my partner in life and for eternity, although I didn't need Valentine's Day to tell me this.

No comments:

Post a Comment