2.22.2012

baby steps

My due date is fast approaching, and before that happens i've got a lot to do to get ready for a little boy in the house! I have started several projects and have many more in the works, so have no fear, this little one will have a full welcome when he arrives. Here's a few things we've got going on:

The clothes: I've had a few shopping sprees already on clothes (not to say i don't need more) but i've accumulated a nice little stockpile of cute boy clothes hanging in the closet. It makes me so happy to see tiny polos and plaid shorts and vests and jammies hanging in there.

The room: His room is currently our guest room. So we haven't been in too much of a hurry to switch everything over since we've had guests coming, or planning on coming. After mid March, once our visitors have slowed down, we plan on moving the guest room into our loft and making the big switch. For now it's easier to keep it where it is and work around it.

The design: That hasn't stopped me from pretty much completely planning his bedroom however. There's no real theme going on, just lots of different colors and patterns and animals. I'm slowly buying things as i get closer to being able to fit them in the space and i'm excited about everything. Here's the general idea:

So our latest project (while my parents were here to help) was: the argyle wall. I had this idea to do an argyle wall and thanks to my dad's engineering genius he mapped it out and it turned out awesome! It was NOT an easy project but very fun to have. I'm so glad we tackled it early and now it's done and ready to be enjoyed.
Things are coming along! My mom is sewing the bedding and sheets and then we need to paint the dresser. We need to build a shelf, and of course i need to buy a few more things. Lots to do but there is a plan in place.

2 comments: