4.18.2013

wordy wednesday

I haven't done one of these posts forever, but...

The past couple weeks have held an abnormally large amount of trials for our family and extended family. Sometimes you feel like it's just one thing after another. Work, health, spiritual, temporal, financial, and more. Some have been documented on here, others have not. I came across this quote from this past General Conference and it really helped me:


It put things into persepective for me, and at a time when I thought "what am i supposed to do to handle this or help others around me bear their burdens?" it answered my question. There has been increased prayer and fasting in this household and we are all the better because of it. And because I probably don't say it enough, I want to say that I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. For so many reasons. First and foremost I love it because of the where it comes from. I know without a doubt that I am a daughter of God and that He is my loving Heavenly Father. My knowledge of this gives the strength, courage and most of all confidence that throughout my everyday life I can turn to him and that he will guide me in all that I do. I know that when I pray I am talking to Heavenly Father and that he is listening. I know that he will answer all of my prayers. I know that Jesus Christ is his Son. I know that Jesus is a real and living person who walked on this Earth and led a perfect life that ended in his crucifixion… a death that he chose to save each one of us. I know that Jesus Christ sacrificed his life, and perhaps even more importantly, that he was resurrected after 3 days so that I have the opportunity to return to heaven to live with them again. I know that I am by no means perfect but that If I try my best everyday I do have the chance to return to heaven. Another reason why I love the gospel is because of who I can achieve these things with. I am so thankful for my family. I know that the family is the most important unit on the earth and that if we are sealed in the temple we have the opportunity to be with our families throughout all eternity. I think that is a beautiful and inspiring goal. I love this gospel because of its teachings: I believe that the words in the Bible and the Book of Mormon are true. I know that Joseph Smith really did see God and Jesus in the sacred grove and that he restored Christ's church to the earth. I know that the people in the Book of Mormon are not merely stories. I know that if we study the scriptures we will gain knowledge and understanding in ways that only the spirit can teach us. I also am thankful that we have a living prophet. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet. He is the Lord's mouthpiece on the earth today and is was chosen to lead and guide our church. I strive to live my life everyday in a way that is pleasing to God because I know that I would have such a different life if not for this wonderful gospel that leads and guides me each day. I am thankful for it and I love it and I know that these things are true.

No comments:

Post a Comment