4.30.2013

Cortney: 26 years old

I felt pretty lame about my birthday this year. Honestly I still feel pretty lame about being 26... I'm now in my "late twenties" I've never been one to think I'm getting older or really dwell on that but I found 3 gray hairs the other day and that pretty much sent me over the edge.
Regardless. I actually had a really fun birthday. Paul was coming back from a business trip so the morning was spent with my kiddos and Stewart and Lorraine and Rebekah. We went to Caitlin's dance class and then to Thanksgiving Point for lunch and to see the farm animals and a treat. The weather was beautiful.

After that I brought the kids home and Paul got back to take me on my birthday date. He had planned such a fun date for me. I had told him I wanted to go shopping a little so he took me shopping for all of my birthday gifts (sometimes it's just better when I get to pick them out on my own). He had 5 boxes for me all wrapped with the name of a store on the front. Then I got to unwrap each box and inside were little papers telling me what the gift was to be. We went all over opening my boxes and shopping for different things. (When my husband gives me the green light on a shopping spree I don't waste any time). I got a lot of fun things but the best part by far was just getting to spend all evening with Paul and have such a long and fun date.



We ate dinner at Brio and then went home and met up with the rest of the family for a few more gifts and hanging out. I also received lots of texts, calls, messages from friends and family throughout the day that I really appreciated.

Turns out turning 26 wasn't so bad. So as long as the gray hairs stop I should be able to get through the next year ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment