4.09.2013

joys of motherhood: March


Joys of motherhood:
My kids are fun and definitely have their own little personalities. Caitlin says some really funny stuff, it's hard to even remember all of them or write them down. Nolan is also starting to develop his own personality and preferences more and they both keep up smiling... most the time!

-(this has happened a few times) Caitlin wants something and I say no and she gets a really serious expression on her face and says: "Sweetie, sweetie heart... It's ok if I have it. It's ok."
Or if she wants to go somewhere (like the backyard) and I say no she does the same thing and says "It's ok ill just hold your hand and walk with you and come show you."

-The ipad= the "Hi pad" don't know why. But we have been putting the iPad on our chaise in our room and now whenever she wakes up she comes to our room and goes to sit on the "little bed" with her blankie and plays games or watches shows on the iPad until we fully wake up. (She usually comes in around 7:30 and we get up around 8) It's amazing.. And probably sounds extremely lazy of us but again, it's amazing.

-Granola bar = GraNolan bar

-Whenever Caitlin swings on the swing she likes to go on her stomach and twist around and kick her lags and run them and usually while doing this she yells "its a Wonderful day! yay mommy! yay daddy! yay caitlin! yay nolan! its a wonderful day today" or some combination of the above.

-Caitlin has started saying "I don't know" as an answer for things but when she says it she sounds like "I own know" and she says it when she's being naughty (i.e. "Caitlin what are you doing?" "I own no...")
-We encountered one high chair seat belt this month that wouldn't buckle around Nolan's tummy!
-Caitlin's current obsessions are: Sophia the first (Disney show), carousels (still), suckers (still), Cinderella and being in tutus 24/7

-Nolan's current obsessions are: balls, standing up, music and dancing

-Nolan got his first sucker the other day and loved it
-Caitlin pronounces "crab" = crap ...she had a little toy crab and I made this discovery. We probably took it a little too far by making her say things like "dad I won't take your ___" and "where's my ___?" "Let me see my ___" it made for some good laughs.

-the place I work out is next to Provo Beach Resort where they have a flow rider so there are guys there a lot surfing and whenever we go by Caitlin says "oh mommy they are so nakey!" (Nakey =naked... apparently swimsuits aren't enough)

-top 5 responses upon seeing Nolan: 1) "he's a big boy" 2) "what a chunky monkey" 3) "I bet you get a workout carrying him" 4) "wow look at those teeth" 5) "I just want to pinch his cheeks"...  if I had a dollar every time I heard one of those responses I'd have enough money to buy him the new wardrobe he's grown out of every 2 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment