4.08.2013

our easter

Easter morning baskets from the Easter bunny.
Another surprise at the front door.
{They were selling these bunnies at the city Easter egg hunt and Paul just couldn't resist getting Caitlin one. It was 99% him and 1% me saying "ya that would be cute" that was all the encouragement he needed, and now we have a bunny. Caitlin named him "Clover" after the animated bunny in her Sophia show that she loves. Luckily so far he has been the sweetest and most calm buny and very low maintenance and we all love him}

Church.
{We had a wonderful lesson during the last hour of church that brought me to tears and was exactly what I needed to hear to bring me back to the real reason we celebrate Easter. Sometimes it's hard with little kids to teach them the real meaning of things and get away from the fun and candy. But one thing that I do always want my kids to know is that I love Jesus and I know that he is real and that he lives and that he loves us too. And he showed us his love by giving up his life for us and rising on the third day and I am grateful everyday for that.}

Easter Egg hunt at Humphrey's house.
{They did a hunt for all the little kids in the front yard and Caitlin cleaned up! She had so much fun. Then they did a hunt for all the adults in the back yard and it was so fun! I haven't done an Easter egg hunt for years! We cleaned up too.. there was money in each egg!}  

Dinner at our house with Mike, Jenna & Bailey, Rebekah & Jordan, and Jordan Zamora.
 {I always love a good Easter dinner with all the classics. This year I decided not to do the bunny cake like usual and instead opted for cupcakes so everyone got to decorate their own. I thought it would be really fun for the kids but they were asleep by the time we got to them. So the adults did it anyways and I was pretty impressed with what we turned out!}

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Nolan's Easter outfit is ADORABLE! I guess not ALL of the cute baby things are for girls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved it too, it's from Gymboree but I thought it looked kind of vintage. I got the 12-18 month size but unfortunately i think Easter may have been his first and last time to wear it.. already the needed the second button on the straps! I'll have to pass along some of Nolan's barely worn clothes to your little guy!

      Delete