4.15.2013

the life of Clover

Clover the Bunny
3.31.13- 4.9.13
Umm yes, our bunny lived for 10 days. I feel like a horrible person but I want to first start with a disclaimer that when Paul picked out the bunny he specifically asked the people about the cold weather and how to care for them and the people said that they are used to it from living here and they just burrow into their hay beds and are fine. We had some rainy and I usually brought him inside during the day but one night we actually got some snow and even though he was under the covered part of the porch, it was too much for him. I went out to bring him inside in the morning and... well he didn't move. At first we didn't know how to handle it with Caitlin and we thought maybe we could get a replacement Clover. But Paul called and all the bunnies had been sold! And to be honest I was a little shell shocked at its frailty and was afraid to sign up for another one right away. So when Caitlin asked about him I told her he went to his other house. She was fine with that answer for awhile and said "ok maybe he can come back a different day." But then she kept pressing me and finally asked "What's it called? What's his other house called" to which I meekly responded "umm.. heaven." She doesn't really know what getting to heaven entails but we haven't talked about it since so I guess that worked.  

Just thought I would mention that Clover's namesake is this little guy:
He is the animated bunny from the new Disney Channel show "Sofia the First" and Caitlin LOVES it. So when she saw him we said "Caitlin what's the bunny's name?" and she immediately responded "Clover!" She usually called him "baby Clover" to be precise.

Who knows what the future holds as far as our pets, but I do know that Clover lived a very full 10 day life. I don't know what kind of goals bunnies have but i feel that his life was very fulfilling and filled with happiness. He had lots of: playing outside, snuggling, eating kale, watching shows, being carried everywhere and in some probably very uncomfortable positions, wild rides, picnics and being given lots of "loves" from the kids.
 We had some good times. We will miss the little guy. 

1 comment:

  1. We had bunnies growing up. One was scared to death... literally!! The other froze! That was in WA... I forgot how fragile they are! We were so little at the time we didn't think much of it... So don't feel too bad!! Apparently it is quite common, or so I would like to think ;)

    ReplyDelete