1.29.2013

paul's Mexican buck

I know that my version of this story will never do justice to the great adventure or the stories Paul could tell, but since his only association AT ALL with our blog consists of once in a while looking at it to "catch up on his life" this will have to do:

Paul got to go hunting in Mexico at a ranch just south of the Arizona border with two of his friends. He got invited last minute when one of the other guys dropped his spot and I could tell he was dieing to go so of course I wasn't going to stand in his way. It wasn't until after the decision was made and money was spent that I heard about crazy border patrol, drug runners, the Mexican Mafia and a few other colorful stories. Regardless. Paul was very particular with me before he left and had me look at (a lot) of pictures of bucks so I could tell him which ones I liked the looks of because he wanted to make sure he would shoot one I liked. (WHY am I TOTALLY losing the battle of not having animals in my home?!?! When did I get so soft and that declaration go out the window?!) 

Anyways, Paul had a great (and safe!!) time and came home the happy hunter... He shot a great big buck that scored 190" and will probably go in the Boone and Crockett record book. It is a great looking buck and it will be on proud display soon.
 
Congratulations Paul!

1 comment: