1.04.2013

joys of motherhood: december

-Since Nolan is almost always smiling, we call him our "happy boy"a lot. Caitlin has picked up on it and she will often go up to him and say "heeey happy booooiy"
-Caitlin loves to tackle Nolan on the ground and lay with him but usually doesn't try to move him. The other day she wanted him to come with us into the other room and she went over and tried to pick him up. I watched her because i figured she wouldn't be able to but I wanted to see wht she would do. She grabbed him around the tummy and tried to lift him and got him about an inch off the floor. Then she came over to be and said "oh mommy, he's too big." Hasn't tried to pick him up since.
-We are trying to teach Caitlin her full name: "Caitlin Dickson" She hasn't quite caught on with her own name but if you ask her what mommy's name is she says "Mommy Dickson" or  "Daddy Dickson"
-Nolan was getting a little fussy the other day in church during a lesson. He was sitting in his car seat and didn't seem to want to be held or lay ont eh floor or anything so finally I took out one of Caitlin's little books with pictures of Jesus in it and he immediately calmed down and just looked at all the pictures. You forget sometimes how close babies are to heaven.
-Caitlin likes to"write names". She gets her paper and crayons and says "I want to write Nolan. tell me the letters." So then I tell her how to spell it and she makes little scribbles and usually goes off on her own version of the abc's, but she loves writing people's names.
-Nolan loves the ladies. He will usually smile for just about any stranger but if it's a woman the smile comes a lot quicker. What a flirt.
-Caitlin says really funny stuff. She picks up on EVERYTHING now and we can't get away with anything, she will repeat whatever we say. Luckily the worst thing she's picked up on so far has only been "oh. my. dosh" but she says some funny stuff. I love when she uses phrases at times that don't really make sense. She likes to say "be back in a minute" or "watch out" "be careful" or her latest is "i don't think so."
-My kids still melt my heart. As much as I try to record little cute moments I can't even begin to capture them all. I love their looks, their words and their snuggles so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment