1.04.2013

California Christmas

We flew straight from the Bahamas to California to meet up with my family. They had already been there for a few days but we were happy to be able to catch the tail end of the trip. We all stayed at a fun resort in Palm Desert and enjoyed the weather and the pools and hot tub and all the wildlife (there were little bunnies hopping everywhere!) The kids were on crazy schedules due to all the times changes and vacationing but they were really good. Caitlin full on fell asleep one night as she was sitting on my mom's lap and I was feeding her dinner. I went to get another bite on the fork and turned back to see her heavy eyelids close completely and she was asleep for the rest of the night! She loved being with everyone and having so much attention and always someone to play with. Nolan loved everyone too and especially my Grandpa Goulding! He usually responds more to women but he was giving Great Grandpa lots of smiles and they were buddies.



We celebrated a big Christmas Eve by going to the "Living Desert" zoo in Palm Desert which was really fun. Lots of animals and a carousel ride made it a complete success. Afterward we came back and went swimming and then that evening we opened presents from each other. We got some really fun things and the kids got spoiled with some darling gifts that they love. Afterward we went out for dinner.





The next day (December 25) we got up and got packed then went to breakfast then we all traveled home. Luckily our flight wasn't delayed or anything and we got back to our house that evening. We deemed this day "Christmas eve continued" since we didn't do any more presents or Santa, we just kind of paused everything while we traveled.

Even though it was really short it was so nice to be able to spend time with my family for the holidays. It was fun to be with my entire family and my grandparents and I know my parents put a lot of effort into planning a fun trip for all of us so I was glad that we could be there together. Family is such a big and important part of the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment