1.21.2013

Girl's night

Caitlin and I had a girl's night on Friday. We got dressed up (she HAD to wear her tutu) and then we went and got chik-fil-a and then met up with Tiffany and London Barnes and saw the Peter Pan Ballet. It was actually put on my just a local dance studio, it was kind of like a recital but it was pretty good and full of little dancers in tutus so that was pretty much the only criteria.
Sounds like a simple night but it was honestly one of the best nights I've ever had with my little girl. Maybe that sounds over the top but it's true. It wasn't because of what we did, it was just because of how much she loved it all and how much fun we had together. I was able to give her my 100% attention which she loved and we just had fun chatting in the car, eating our "chicken bites" and she loved watching the girls dance and eating treats. She was so good for all of it. I feel like a lot of times I have to be the disciplinarian, the time keeper, the scheduler, the task master, or the chauffeur for the family so it was nice to just be the fun one and enjoy a night together. 
Caitlin is just so cute and growing up so fast. After each dance she would clap and say "good job!" And everyday since she's asked to go see the girls dancing. As a mom I needed a night like this, just a night to let me remember how cute and sweet my little girl is and remember that I'm doing a good job, even if sometimes she makes me want to pull my hair out or sometimes I feel like I am no fun. Her sweet face and excited attitude made my night, and it was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment