1.03.2013

Atlantis

If you know me or anything about my bucket list, then you know that I have always wanted to go to Atlantis resort. Ever since I was little and saw the commercial where they go down the slide into the fish tank I knew I HAD to go.

Paul told me a few months ago that vivint was taking a year end corporate trip that we were invited to go on to... of all places... Atlantis! I've been so excited as we had been preparing to go and pinching myself that we were so lucky! Almost too good to be true!

It did not disappoint at all. We spent a week on "paradise island" as a family (with about 50 other vivint people) and it is a week I will never forget. We loved the resort so much we never even ventured into the city of Nassau, except to get to and from the airport. We probably would have if it had just been the two of us buy getting to be with my little family and especially Paul 24/7 in such a fun atmosphere was heavenly.
Caitlin LOVED all the fish and water around. She could have stood in front of the fish tanks all day and been perfectly happy. She loved swimming and making sandcastles. She got to touch a starfish and also swim with a dolphin! She rode the lazy river and the rapids and loved the ride. She was too little for most of the real water slides but she was also too little to know what she was missing out on so it worked out fine. She got to play with lots of little friends. I took her to the souvenir shop and after looking at every single stuffed animal and trinket and t shirt i told her she could pick one thing to bring home and she picked an "Under the Sea" lift-the-flap book. So cute. We went to the movie theater a couple times an she liked that. She also liked room service. we ordered food for her a couple times to have while we went out to eat and we would often find her playing in the room at other times on the phone ordering her "chicken bites and dip its" She played hard all day everyday and was worn out at the end. She truly loved it all.
 
Nolan was like a little celebrity over there. Everyone just loved him and all his chunk. The Bahamian people especially. We got stopped by literally almost every single worker who wanted to see him and ask how old he was and comment on how big he is. He was cute and smiley and accommodating as always. We rented a stroller from the hotel (forgot ours) and he was so happy to just ride around and look at things. He also liked floating in the pool and napping at the beach. He did great with the non-stop schedule and a different crib. He was also worn out after every day (being so adored can be tiring).
Paul and I got to ride all the rides (including the famed one from the commercials!) we enjoyed the amazing weather (low 80's and sunny everyday except for one little rain shower) and we also both took advantage of the spa! I got a couple massages and after my foot massage the lady was kind enough to tell me I had been snoring! Awkward. Paul and I got to go on fun dates almost every night (Their office assistant Chandra came and helped watch the kids whenever we needed her to and the kids loved playing with each other) We ate like kings at the amazing restaurants there and had lots of good conversations and laughs around the dinner table. We met Magic Johnson in one restaurant. We also went to some fitness classes at the gym. We scuba dived in the shark tank and were within reach of several large sharks. We were able to get closer to and make new friends. Mostly we enjoyed everyday making new memories and having a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment