6.05.2012

the last days

I've wanted to do really fun things as my last couple of days of my current life situation have rolled around. I haven't always felt like it, but then i would tell myself that pretty soon it's going to be harder to get out of the house with a baby so i better take advantage now. I'm glad that I have. Apparently i haven't taken too many pictures of said fun things but here's a little of what we've done:
-Paul and I had a date night to eat dinner and see "The Avengers". We went to Thanksgiving point and they have really nice theaters there.
-Also went to see "The Lucky One" with Cassie which was also good i thought. And let's be honest who can really complain about a movie with Zac Efron in it. (it's ok Paul knows)
-Went mini-golfing with Mike and Jenna and it was really fun. I actually did decent too which is not normal. That was the day I had cleaned my house and really thought I might go into labor but I was having serious back pains and everyone was so nice the whole time to be watching and picking up Caitlin for me and also someone would always bend down to get my ball for me. They are so good to me.
-Took Caitlin to 7 Peaks Water Park with Tiffany and London Barnes. It was crowded but way fun. It was a HOT day and i got a sunburn that I'm pretty mad about but other than that it was a blast. Caitlin loved the water and even went down a few little slides. That night we went to a neighborhood BBQ, a wedding reception and swimming again and making s'mores at a friend's house.
-Friday night i basically didn't sleep because of contractions all night so I "woke up" Saturday in a bad mood. Paul went for a bike ride in the morning down to Provo and Caitlin and I came down and met him then he took her with Mike and Jenna to a little festival thing while i went and got a very large Diet Dr. Pepper (don't judge) and got a pedicure. It was heavenly. I got the full sha-bang: spa pedicure with hot stone massage and paraffin wax. Seriously it was just what i needed in my life. After that i was in a much better mood. Then i went and met up with everyone and we grilled hot dogs at the park. We came home and hung out for awhile then that night we had dinner at Mike and Jenna's then went and saw "What to Expect when you're expecting" (...getting my movie fix obviously). I of course cried a bunch of times and there was lots of swearing but overall I thought it was cute and funny. And probably more so because it was so poignant for right now. We all had really high hopes that my water would break during the movie and we'd make this big scene and rush out of the theater and people would be talking about the amazing coincidence for years to come but.. didn't happen.
-Sunday we had a nice day at church, then Caitlin played in her crib for an hour (= no nap) I however did take a nice long nap and then we hung out outside for a long time. The Barnes came over and hung out for awhile too. It was a nice relaxing day as a family.
-Monday we had a lazy morning then went to the Sprinkler Park in Highland. We met a few friends and neighbors there but mostly hung out the two of us. Caitlin wanted to wade through the little stream mostly and climb on the rocks. And wanted me there by her for all of it. We packed a picnic lunch and also got a snowcone treat. (P.S. I am LOVING snow cones this summer! i could eat them everyday.) It was really fun. We're buddies. Although i did get another sunburn on my legs.. when will i ever learn?! Curse this sensitive pregnancy skin.
 That night my mom got into town! It will be so nice to have her here for Nolan's birth and to help. Caitlin was so happy to see her and got all riled up in the car that she refused to go to bed when we got home even though it was really late. 
-Tuesday morning i stayed in bed for awhile in the morning just savoring my bed and my rest for one last time. Savoring the fact that Caitlin likes to play in her crib for a good half hour before she wants to get out and savoring that i get to sleep and lay there and having nothing pressing (i.e. a baby that has to be fed). Then i got up and spent my last day as a mother of one. It was a good one! My mom and I took Caitlin to the aquarium in Sandy. It's pretty small but it was fun. It was the perfect thing for today because we needed to stay out of the sun anyway (BLASTED sunburns.. so mad) and the weather was actually kind weird anyways. Caitlin is obsessed with fish right now so she loved going around and looking at everything. Well, not everything. She quickly would decide if she was interested in something or not and move to the next thing if it wasn't a really good fishy. She liked looking at the tropical fish with the bright colors and the sharks and warmed up to the penguins and otters. They also have a little tide pool thing that you can pet some sting rays in and she was dipping her fingers in when one totally came out of the water to touch her with its wing! We all got quite a surprise! We went around the aquarium a few times and had fun seeing things. After that we went to chik-fil-a for lunch and then came home for a nap. That night we went to Olive Garden for dinner and I carbo-loaded for my big day tomorrow! We let Caitlin stay up for awhile when we got back from dinner and i'll admit that i shed a few tears while i was tucking my "baby" into bed. I had some special time with her singing her songs and talking to her about meeting baby Nolan the next day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment