6.17.2012

hospital stay and coming home

Let me just preface this by saying that I should know better. Paul gets SO stir crazy in the hospital that by now I should know better than to expect that we are going to stay the entire 48 hours after the baby is born, especially when we've already been there the whole day before we have him. So naturally Paul was ready to pack up and head home probably even that night but definitely by the next one, yet he didn't want to leave me to go home. Because of my strep-B positive reading they really wanted to monitor Nolan longer so we stayed until Friday morning (about 30 hours after he was born).
I enjoyed the hospital stay. I liked the food and having the option of the nursery and just being in my own little world. I was fine to leave when we did though because I was anxious to get back to Caitlin and my own bed. Everyone at the hospital was great though and luckily the baby and I were looking healthy so we didn't need to stay longer. I was so grateful to my mom and Cassie for helping to watch Caitlin while we were in the hospital and for bringing her by and everything. It was such a relief to know that she was in good hands.

Wednesday night Nolan got his first bath and he didn't like it. But the funny part was that afterward when he was all wrapped up and almost done the nurse started brushing his hair and Paul and I just watched as she literally styled it for 5 minutes brushing it and parting it and fluffing and saying "oh you're just so handsome" the whole time. It was really funny. Wednesday night and on Thursday we had some visitors come by (Chelsea, Missy Turnbull, the Taylors, the Barnes and all of our family that had previously been there) and we also had Caitlin come watch a movie in our room with us and Paul even went out and got a red box and we watched it that night. See? It was kinda fun being in the hospital! haha


Friday morning we got all checked out, got Nolan dressed and loaded into the carseat and then into Daddy's big truck and away we went to start our new life as a family of 4! As soon as we got home we were greeted by Caitlin and my mom and i think within about 15 minutes Paul was sitting on the couch with his two babies watching Beauty and the Beast and i was off to take a nap. It was good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment