4.30.2012

my golden birthday: the day

My birthday was awesome. I had a really fun and non-stressful day full of friends and family and lots of love. Everything I could have asked for. Here were the order of events for my golden day: 
-Sleeping in and having a nice leisurely morning. (Thank you Caitlin for being such a dream baby and staying in your crib until after 10)
-Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival! I always want to go every year and usually it slips by. So this year i made a plan. We met up with Whitney, Jenna, Missy and Chelsea (and all the kiddos) and spent a couple hours walking around. So basically the Tulip Festival = every Utah mom's excuse to get out of the house and let their kids run around and use their cameras to take pictures of them with a pretty background. And we were happy to be part of that group. Everything was so beautiful I wish I could have taken tons of super artistic beautiful shots of all the different kinds of tulips, but i didn't. And i wish that Caitlin would have perfectly posed and smiled in front of each kind of said tulips, but she didn't. So we just enjoyed the scenery anyways and had fun walking around. A steady stream of snacks and exploring kept all the kids happy. (hence the reason why Caitlin is holding her pretzels and/or juice in every.single.picture but whatever) We had a little scare when it started misting but luckily there was no downpour and the weather stayed pretty warm! It was so nice to just be outside and be in great company with our little posse. Missy was so cute and brought me cupcakes and gold balloons (which we only lost 2 out of 3 of them!)
-After the tulips i got to go to lunch with Whitney at Paradise bakery. We had such a nice little lunch and chat amidst Caitlin spilling ice etc. all of the place. I'm so grateful to have Whitney as my BFF. I'm going to miss her so much when she moves this summer.
-After lunch i came home and put Caitlin down for a nap. She (kinda) napped while i relaxed and did whatever around the house.
-Then we went and met up with daddy for dinner! We ate at La Jolla Groves in the Riverwoods and it was delicious as always. Then we walked around a little and shopped and got some Blue Bell ice cream!!

-We headed back home after that and put Caitlin to bed and then opened all my presents! Cassie and Mike and Jenna came over. We also enjoyed chocolate covered strawberries and cake bites.

*P.S. Let me just insert here that this is why i love my husband: He is so cute about always trying to make sure that my presents match and look good and are wrapped cute because he knows i love wrapping other people's gifts. Since he's colorblind he goes to great lengths to make sure this happens for me. So this time he took all my presents to work with him and then went by Mike and Jenna's afterward and had Jenna coordinate everything and wrap all my presents "so they looked cute". He was so pleased to come home with my stash of beautiful presents. But there was one present that arrived during that day so he didn't get to take it to Jenna. He announced to me that morning "don't come in the laundry room i'm wrapping your present" and i heard him in there saying "well i just don't know if it matches..." I came out of our room to find my presents... and the latest addition.

I think he thought that the green was red and would go with the plaid and that the brown one was black. I just had to chuckle because he is so cute to try so hard to fluff all those tissue papers and try to make them match and look good. And of course he asked me later how it looked and i told him it LOOKED awesome. matched? no.
Anyways I got lots of amazing presents and was thoroughly spoiled: a new set of scriptures, gift certificates for mani/pedi/facial, shoes, a jacket, a gravy boat, lotions, and my biggest gift from Paul: a weekend getaway consisting of a night's stay up at Sundance and then a HOT AIR BALLOON RIDE over Park City! How perfect! He didn't even know about my birthday post in which i specifically said that was #1 on my bucket list, although he did already know that it was #1. What a good hubby! We are hoping to go next month before the baby comes. So excited.


-25 is going to be an awesome year, i can feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment