4.10.2012

Easter

I love Easter. It is without a doubt one of my favorite holidays. I love it for a variety of reasons and this year was no exception. We had a great Easter.
-First we got up, made muffins and then went to church. Caitlin had her new little Easter dress outfit on and of course she looked cute as can be. Paul and I both taught our classes a special Easter message and shared cupcakes with them.





-Through preparing my lesson for my class and really thinking about what I wanted to share about Easter and its significance I had a really good experience learning more about Easter myself. My testimony of the atonement and crucifixion and Christ's victory over death for us really increased and I'm very thankful that I had the opportunity to think and learn more about it this year.
-After church we came home and got ready for dinner. After Caitlin took her nap she got to find her Easter basket! I tied a piece of string to her door so when she opened it she had to hold onto the string around our house and it led her to her basket (which was hidden in the laundry room in the dryer). She was cute following Paul around the house. She got a new swimsuit, goldfish crackers and a Mickey Mouse DVD in her basket. Her favorite thing was probably the Reeses' pieces candies. She ate every single one for the next hour or so.

-We had Cassie and (her roommate) Whitney, Chelsea and Tyler and Morgan Taylor for dinner. Jordan Zamora and Mike and Je We had our traditional Easter dinner: ham, potato casserole, salad and rolls. For dessert I decided to change it up a little: instead of doing our traditional "bunny cake" I did bunny cupcakes. I had been seeing all these cute cupcake ideas on Pinterest so i wanted to try them out. I did three different varieties: bunny faces, tails and easter eggs nests and in doing so i further proved to myself that #1: i'm not very skilled at making pretty desserts and #2: i always way over estimate my cupcake making abilities. At least they tasted good. The weather was so beautiful that we ate outside and ended up sitting and talking outside for a while after.



-We also sent Caitlin out on her own personal egg hunt around the yard while we were out there. She was good at finding the eggs but when she came to each one she would shake it to be sure there was candy inside and then want to open it right then. Pretty much every time she opened it the jellybeans would spill onto the grass and then she would pick them up one by one and either eat them (real sanitary i know) or just put them in her basket. She cracked me up. She was happy to continue her search while all the grownups talked.
-We got some darling Easter things from our family too and then later that night Paul and I exchanged baskets. It was a lovely day and a perfect beginning to spring and to remember and celebrate the better life that Jesus gave to all of us.

2 comments:

  1. im not gonna lie, im a little bummed there was no bunny cake, but the cupcakes looked cute too. caitlin is sure getting big!!!

    ReplyDelete