4.17.2012

32 weeks

8 months along.
-Can i just say that one of my greatest disappointments about being pregnant right now is that i don't get to partake in the colored skinny jean trend. They are so cute and i am DIEING to have some mint colored ones but i'm afraid they wont be in style by the time i can actually wear them. That and i also am still working out my justification argument to my hubby when i do come home with them. (goal weight pants?... couldn't pass up the great deal?)
-This time my belly feels way more claustrophobic. He moves really differently than Caitlin: she kicked a lot and he just kind of squirms and stretches so I feel like he pushes out on me a lot and I feel a lot of pressure in different spots. I'm constantly pushing him back in. I think also the claustrophobic feeling comes from the fact that this time i don't have the extra amniotic fluid, so even though i was huge with the fluid, there was that extra cushion between my stomach and the baby.
-Sleeping is over. sadly. About every 3 days I get a good night's sleep. the other nights are either tossing and turning or just wide awake. I'm choosing to look at it as a secret blessing to get me ready for nights when i really do have to wake up because there is a baby needing me. 
-I feel like the overall novelty of this pregnancy has worn off and now i'm on the downhill slope and feeling like i don't want to be pregnant anymore. I'm ready to just have him out and have a baby and get back in shape. It's been fun, but I'm ready. My mom always used to say that right after she had her kids some of her first thoughts were "I'm so glad I'm not pregnant anymore." I always thought it was a little dramatic but now i get it.
-I've started having sciatic nerve pain in my lower back/hip/leg on my right leg. It comes and goes but when it hits i have to walk with a limp to get anywhere. Which is pretty embarrassing when it hits as I'm holding Caitlin leaving Target and i have to hobble to my car.
-I salted my bowl of strawberries the other night. Enough said.
-Went to the Dr. on the 17th and things are moving right along. My weight gain is still in a good place (NO thanks to me or anything i have been doing/eating so i'm just thanking my lucky stars for that one) and Dr. Judd says it feels like i have a totally average amount of fluid inside of me (which i figured but was worried about after my off-the-charts amniotic fluid with Caitlin). He said the baby is head down now and things are looking good! I'll go back in 2 weeks.  
 -Otherwise i really do feel pretty good considering. I feel like i can still get around ok and be happy about life. There are rough days but overall i'm fine and just getting really excited. A lot of people have been asking how i think Caitlin will do with the baby. Of course you never really know until the time comes, but i feel like she will do great! She LOVES babies... whenever she sees one she gets excited and says "bay bee!!" and wants to look at it and say hi and she likes to sleep with her baby doll and give her a bottle and stuff so i think she will think it's so fun having one around all the time. So that's my prediction. we'll see how it turns out.

1 comment:

  1. You look adorable! And I feel the exact same way about the colored jeans....

    ReplyDelete