7.14.2010

little moments

Tonight Paul came home from work and told me to go get in his truck and we were going for a picnic. I was excited because #1 i thought it was cute and #2 i've been feeling like i'm turning into a boring prego girl so i was up for the spontaneous adventure. We stopped by Macey's and got some food and a "king kong" sized ice cream (so HUGE for only a $1.29... pregnant woman/ice cream lover's dream!) Then we drove up into the mountains by rock canyon. We brought blankets and pillows and sat in the back of the truck and enjoyed our food and each other and the views, and we even saw a huge deer which made Paul's night. The mountains were so beautiful and it was the perfect weather. We just talked and hung out for a few hours... no distractions or tv or phone calls. I loved it. I thought to myself: this is what life is really about. I love that after 3 years of marriage we still love just hanging out and talking, and that we have so much to talk about, and that we are both so excited to expand our family. I'm so blessed. It was one of those special little moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment