7.15.2010

50 days!

Only 50 days left on the baby ticker!! As it gets closer and closer I just can't believe we are actually going to have our little baby soon and get to see her and play with her all the time (not that I'm not already with her 24/7 but you know what I mean).
We've been making some baby steps for the room and getting things ready. Here are some peeks at things I am loving:
--We got our carseat! It's a Chicco keyfit 30. I had to order it online to get this print but i think it's so fun! I also have a cover to go over the top and a snuggly thing for inside to keep her warm.. so that means she is 100% ready to come home from the hospital! crazy! (Paul wants his new truck to be the first car she rides in haha)
--We finished re-finishing the dresser and nightstand down in Texas and had some good friends drive it up for us. (remember this?)
Now it looks like this:
They turned out so cute. I love all the different knobs because i think it makes it eclectic and a little funky since the rest of the room is really girly and proper. And, thanks to wonderful gifts from people, we have a lot of the drawers already full of darling clothes!
--I also snagged this cutest lamp at Target that I LOVE.
--I found a diaper bag!! This is a huge check off the list. I found this one in Spain actually. It's a Spanish store called "desigual" that hasn't hit the U.S. yet but they make kinda funky/earthy/handmade looking clothes and accessories. I like all the colors and all the pockets. I hope it will be perfect.
--Then we hung these three prints above the dresser/changing table. They are Peter Cottontail (Beatrix Potter) prints that I found at Savers forever ago that I re-framed. I love the vintage quality of Beatrix Potter books, and I always liked them when I was little. Probably because I love bunnies. But anyways, we found these and I thought they would be so cute one day for a baby's room so there's a few touches of that theme going on.
--I also just finished these cloth-covered boxes to keep diapers and wipes in by the changing table. I used extra fabric from the bedding to cover them.
And that's where we're at! Still waiting on the bedding, some other wall decor, a nursery chair. Oh and of course then there's bottles and diapers and wipes and all the necessaries...but you know sometimes lamps and such have to take precedence.

2 comments:

  1. i cant believe you are going to be a mom! its still crazy to me. im glad you are so ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so excited!!! I can't wait to meet her too!!

    ReplyDelete