4.12.2010

pillow project

I had some fabric scraps that I wanted to make a little pillow out of for the baby's room. I wanted to do a patchwork-type thing so I found this idea online and whipped it up this weekend! I think it turned out adorable, I can't wait to put it in her room, probably sitting in the rocking chair.
Speaking of rocking chair, we are going to order a glider from my work but we have been looking for a glider ottoman to go with it, they can get kinda pricey so I've been on the lookout for one on sale. We decided to go to Babies R Us on Saturday and just check and see if they had any that had been returned or something on clearance. We were so lucky to find this little beauty:
It had been returned. It came right out of the box so it's brand new, although it's the wrong colors for the room so I'll probably try to make a little slipcover for it. Nevertheless, the BEST part of it all was the price: $20.00 I couldn't believe that was the actual price!!! And then we got 20% off so we ended up getting it for like $16. We were VERY proud of our find!

The only other thing I've done for the baby's room is these flower balls I have hanging in the corner where the crib will be:
These were my project one weekend when Paul was out of town. I think they turned out really cute, although it took WAY too many flowers and money, but worth it.

Other than that we don't have anything set up in the room, not even the crib yet. We're trying to take it slow so we still have things to do for the next 4 months. It's so fun finding and doing things here and there and getting ready little by little!

4 comments:

  1. Courtney,

    Your flower balls are adorable! Do you have some sort of pattern for them?

    .Karina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative! I love everything you have made. This baby girl is going to have the cutest room! Right now my goal is to learn how to sew, so I made me looking for some pointers from you... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well look at you go. Those are all so adorable! Your little girl is lucky she has such a creative mom! Love love LOVE the pillow! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bargain that little brown ottoman was! You baby's room is going to be the cutest.

    ReplyDelete