4.28.2010

happy 23

I'm so lucky to have amazing family, friends and my hubbylicious to make my birthday weekend so great! Thanks everyone for the bday wishes! These were the events of the weekend:
Saturday
-I got off work early and was able to hang out with Paul all afternoon.
-The night mostly consisted of tennis shopping. Paul is obsessed with tennis right now, so yes, at 5 months pregnant I've decided to take up a new sport. I said I would play with him because I could get tan and get some exercise and that was all the encouragement he needed. One stop at Sports Authority and we were ready to hit the courts.
Sunday
-went to church, which is still way too early, especially on your b-day morning (8:30)
-Came home and made chocolate swirled banana bread, because I was craving it and wanted to try out this recipe. It was delicious!
-Baked a few other things for my party then took a nap!
-Opened presents and cards from Paul and family and friends. I got some adorable baby clothes, maternity clothes, gift cards and cash. I got hooked up I'm so excited. Paul also surprised me with the cutest ruffle pillow that I've been coveting from Pier One for the baby's room and also of course my new tennis stuff!
-Paul made me a delicious dinner of salmon, stuffing, asparagus, and mashed potatoes.
-I wanted to try to make a birthday cake like the ones they sell here. They looked so cute at the store. So i tried it out and it was actually surprisingly easy and super tasty. I thought my cake turned out pretty cute.. if i do say so myself.
-Then that night we had a little shindig at our house of cake, ice cream, chocolate fountain, and other treats. Tons of people came and it was way fun to have so much family and friends around to celebrate with! We are so blessed with so many great friends.
-After the party had mostly died down, some people stuck around for games. Which evolved from playing scum to eating contests. Including: chubby bunny, how-many-saltines-can-you-eat-in-a-minute and other such flattering contests. We had lots of laughs to say the least, and were a little grossed out at the same time.
Monday
-Paul took off work to have a fun day with me.
-We went to "The Original Pancake House" in Salt Lake for breakfast. I know, it's a long way to go for breakfast but it is seriously that good. We had eggs benedict and pineapple pancakes.
-Then we shopped our way back to Provo with stops at The Gateway, Ikea and the mall. Paul was a very patient shopper.
-After we got home we went to play tennis! Our first attempt at our new sport was such a blast! We got to play with Morgan and Whitney and they were VERY patient with us newbies. We had a great time and it was beautiful weather!
-That night we went to P.F. Chang's for dinner with the Taylors and the Turnbulls. We had a very... entertaining night there with great company.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment