11.28.2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Our Thanksgiving was very low-key this year. My parents and Cassie joined us at our house and we spent a great day together:
 did a 5K turkey trot
watched the parade
one of the best parts of having my mom in town for thanksgiving is that she almost single-handedly made everything for dinner and it was all delicious and i didn't have to worry about a single thing not turning out
The boys fried the turkey
I present: our feast for 5... plus leftovers for days which I don't mind at all.
 
Ate our dinner as adults for about 20 minutes until Caitlin decided she was done napping.
 After dinner: some napped, some played.. some napped while they played.
My little turkeys. Happy and stuffed.
Most especially thankful for these three.
 Paul and I got out to Walmart that night and did a little shopping to get our Black Friday thrills.
 Mostly I am thankful for family, a husband that takes such good care of me, and two amazing children that warm my heart and make me smile everyday. I am also thankful for the gospel that grounds me and reminds me of how truly blessed I am in my life. It's so easy to take things for granted and I try not to because everything can disappear all too easily. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for allowing me so many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment