11.02.2012

October ends

A couple other things that closed out the month of October:
(We had Stewart here for about a week between the boys' hunting trip and the Half Marathon so we got to do some fun things with him)
-We got our first snow. first three snows actually. It snowed in the morning three days in a row but quickly melted. And then it actually got pretty warm for the next few days. Crazy weather but definitely a good excuse to bring out my cocomotion and a reminder that winter is coming. Caitlin loved the snow... she has the highest cold weather tolerance I have ever seen. She is truly a Utah baby. She just loves being outside and loved building her snowman with Grandpa. 
-We visited Great Grandma and Grandpa Dickson in Salt Lake. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of everyone which I am really sad about but they got to meet Nolan for the first time.
-We had lunch with Paul at his work. We do this about once a week and I love it. I love that vivint is such a family-friendly place to work.
 -We got family pictures taken. I thought Caitlin would be a disaster and Nolan would be an angel (which is usually how things work out) but Caitlin actually did decent and Nolan had a little melt down. Regardless, I think we got some cute ones and I am excited to see how they all turn out. Heather Telford took them for us and she was so sweet and good with the kids and great to work with.
-We went to our first Real Salt Lake soccer game and I'm ashamed to say I still don't understand everything about soccer so I'm not the best fan... but I did have a good time eating the hotdogs and nachos and snacks in the box. And the stadium is really cool to be in.
 -We carved pumpkins at our neighbor's house a few days before Halloween and it was fun. We worked on one as a family (i.e.: tried to keep Caitlin from grabbing all the sharp things while also trying to make it cute and let her have fun). She did have fun in the process though. she didn't mind geting messy and holding the pumpkin guts but her favorite part was blowing out the candles inside the pumpkin once we lit it. She's funny.
 
-We voted! We found a place to do early voting and beat the lines. This was my first time to vote and it was exciting for me to be part of the process and feel like a responsible citizen. I'm excited for the election and what it could mean for the next 4 years and the future of our country. Can't wait to find out the results!   

No comments:

Post a Comment