11.16.2012

Adriatic North

I'm so proud of my little sister's choice to go on a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We gathered at her apartment Thursday night to watch her open her call. She had received it the day before in the mail but had so patiently waited until my parents got into town to open it. We all went around and ventured a guess, and of course no one got it right... 
Cassie will be serving in the Adriatic North Mission: comprised of Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Slovenia, and Serbia. She will learn to speak Croatian and will be leaving March 27th and come back 18 months later.   
When I heard the announcement that women could now serve missions at the age of 19, I was first jealous (because I totally would have gone!) and second felt so excited because I knew that Cassie would go. Cassie has always had such a sweet spirit and a strong testimony of the gospel and a strong desire to do good and be good. These attributes as well as many others will make her such an excellent missionary and my heart if full knowing that the people over there will get to meet my sister and learn from her and I know they will love her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment