10.12.2012

9.18-9.25: Austin

I packed up the kids and we went to Texas for two weeks. I split the trip between Austin and Dallas and it was so much fun! It was a long time to be away from home but it was great to be able to spend time with family and see cousins and enjoy the Texas weather. Caitlin was on an insane sleeping schedule the whole time (i.e. learning how to unlock doors and waking up at all hours of the night) but other than that everything went well and most of all we had tons of fun. Here were the highlights + pictures:
-Tuesday the 18th we flew there. I was absolutely dreading flying alone with the two kids. The first flight was to Las Vegas and by that point we'd had major spit up and a melt down by Nolan, a minor blowout by Caitlin and gate change across the terminal... that I walked to with my fly unzipped the whole time. Luckily the final flight into Austin went really well: Nolan slept and Caitlin was good. Definitely could have been worse!
-Went swimming and hung out with Christine and Cason and Corinne. We loved being with the little cousins! We got to see them everyday and Stewart and Lorraine were so nice to babysit a few times so Christine and I could also hang out by ourselves. 
-We went to The Austin Zoo, the kids loved it and I was able to meet up with my friend Leah from high school. It had been a couple years since we saw each other so it was really fun to catch up and see her. That night Christine and I got our tutus ready for the race and got emotional with the Katy Perry movie.
-Played at park, and got shakes for dessert.
-On Saturday Christine and I did our Mud Run!  We had so much fun doing the 5k with obstacles and mud pools. We pretty much laughed and chatted the whole way. Stewart, Lorraine and my kids met us at the finish line and we made the most of the mud! 
 
-On Sunday we went to church with Meads, then that night Christine did my hair and I LOVE how it turned out! She always does such a great job. Caitlin also got a little trim from Aunt Tine and she did WAY better this time with it.
-We took the kids to "The Big Bounce" which is a place full of bounce houses! They loved it and I'll
admit I had fun there too. We got lunch then I went over to Christine's during nap time. That night I met up with my other high school best friend Brittany and we all went to Chuy's for dinner.
-On Tuesday Christine and I went and met Chris for lunch by his office, then that afternoon we met my parents halfway and finished the drive to Dallas. 
 
I'm so lucky to have in-laws that I enjoy visiting and feel comfortable with because the more people I talk to the more I realize this isn't always the case! I love the Dicksons and I had so much fun with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment