12.05.2011

Turkey Trip

We headed to Dallas for thanksgiving this year. Caitlin and I flew down on Sunday (I'm thankful #1: for the direct and very empty flight that allowed me to have the whole row to ourselves!) we helped prep and play for a few days until Paul, Chelsea & Tyler joined us Wednesday night.  
Thursday was of course the big day and it was a good one:
-The boys all manned (no pun intended) the turkeys (one barbequed and one deep fried) while the girls watched the parade and cooked. (thankful #2: that I'm not a famous person that has to be in the parade and not only freeze my tush off but do a horrible job lip syncing)
 -We got to Skype with Cassie and talk to her in Jerusalem, she was dearly missed but glad we got to talk to her! (thankful #3: that she gets home in 3 weeks!)

-My grandparents and my mom's cousin and her family joined us for dinner, and everything was so incredibly delicious. I ate to the point of very uncomfortable fullness, then went back for pie. I was regretting it later but such is the case with thanksgiving. (thankful #4: that after a good nights rest somehow you're always ready to go back for leftovers)

-We also got to look at all of my parents pictures and souvenirs of their recent trip to jerusalem, Jordan and Egypt. (thankful #5: that my parents had a good and safe trip over there, it was really hard to have them away and pretty much out of contact for almost 2 weeks) Caitlin needed to try on all the jewelry.

- So that night we got out all the circulars and made our black Friday plans, which weren't that intense but we wanted to get in on some of the action. I decided my big stop would be: Toys R Us. They opened at 9 pm on thanksgiving so we headed over and got there around 9:15 to find the line completely wrapped around the building, but moving. We decided to drive around a few minutes to let the line die down. We came back to about the same size of line and realized they were only allowing a certain number of people in at once. We're just not that hard core so we went home for about an hour. When we came back we waited for about 30 mins outside and then got inside and waited almost an hour in the checkout line. But, we were done with whole thing in 2 hours and picked up a bunch of awesome stuff for Caitlin. I thought it was fun, not sure if Paul and my dad would necessarily use the same word! (thankful #6: that I had good sports to go with and that it wasn't freezing cold Utah weather while we had to wait outside!)

Friday
-Hit up a few more black Friday sales, but nothing too extreme, took naps and the boys made us delicious tacos for dinner, then we watched a movie.
-My parents also found our little table and chairs that us girls had when we were little and Caitlin loved having her own little area. She loved climbing in and out of the chairs and hiding things in those little cubbies on the back.

Saturday
- went to lunch at Stir Crazy
- a few went to six flags in the cold while I stayed with Caitlin and my mom and did some more shopping
- That night we had Rudy's BBQ for dinner and played phase 10, of which I'm proud to say I was the winner. Doesn't happen often.

Sunday
- had a relaxing morning then went to church and my grandparents house for dinner
- Paul, Chelsea and Tyler flew out that night and we were sad to see them go.

No comments:

Post a Comment