12.05.2011

trimming the tree

It's probably no mystery that I take my Christmas decorations seriously. I put most of our up on November 16th. Early, yes but I wanted to have them up for when we came back from Thanksgiving! And also with us leaving for Christmas we only get to enjoy them for so long. It was fun to decorate a new house and also fun to discover that i didn't have as many Christmas decorations as i thought so that gives me plenty of room to expand and add things in through the years. This year we got a new tree.. beautiful 9 footer! love it! And also i got a new nativity to add to my collection.. my parents brought back a beautiful hard carved wooden "Flight into Egypt" one from Bethlehem.
I have also had the chance to do a couple other Christmas design jobs for client's houses and that has been really fun. Nothing puts me in the holiday mood like Christmas decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment