12.05.2011

bonus week

After Thanksgiving week, i stayed for a whole 'nother week in Texas! It was fun to have extra time with my parents and extra help with Caitlin and Paul ended up being super busy at work so turns out it was a good week for us to be gone.

We enjoyed ourselves... relaxing and playing, spending time with my grandparents, running errands, and watching Christmas movies. Caitlin loved playing dress-ups in Grammie's closet and trying out Cassie's old purses. Caitlin had a love/hate relationship with the cats while we were there (really just one cat since the other one would have nothing to do with her). She LOVED seeing it and would run up then stop dead in her tracks before she would pet it. She always wanted someone to come with her to pet it. The cat also enjoyed playing with her little necklaces and some toys and Caitlin was NOT having that. We also put up most of my mom's Christmas decorations, and Thursday night my mom and I went to a Christmas party for all the women from church and their friends.

 
 
Friday I spent the morning with my mom and Caitlin and then left to drive to Austin. I left Caitlin for the very FIRST TIME overnight. I'll admit I got a little teary-eyed in the car but i'm pretty sure she didn't miss me at all while she was back home with Grammie and Papa and the kitties and her toys and all kinds of entertainment. I'm glad she did well and was in good hands, although i'm positive that she wore my parents out a little.
Anyways, I went to Austin to see the Dicksons and to especially to see Rebekah (my SIL) perform in "The Nutcracker Ballet". She has been dancing for several years and has been doing The Nutcracker for several years and this will be her last one with this company because she is a senior and I have never been able to see her dance! So I really wanted to see her perform. I got to Austin Friday night and hung out, had dinner and did some Christmas shopping. Saturday we got ready and I wrapped a bunch of presents in the morning then Christine and I drove down to "Round Top" where the performance was. They always do their first show at this old historic theater in literally the middle of nowhere. Christine and I had a fun time in the car and a slight adventure getting there. The theater was so pretty and had that old classic feeling. And Rebekah did such a beautiful job! She was a demisoloist in the first act, during the snow scene and then danced in a trio during the second act as a french mint. It was really fun to see her perform and she did a great job and had the brightest smile on stage. Plus seeing The Nutcracker totally put me even more in the Christmas spirit! After the show we drove back with Rebekah and had dinner at Chuy's. Then we came home and watched a Christmas movie.  It was  really short trip but a good one. I'm glad i got to go and also glad i get to come back so soon for Christmas!




Sunday morning I got back on the road to make it back to Dallas in time to go to church, have dinner and catch our flight! However... THAT was drama. I finished packing and had everything by the door when we were leaving for the airport and my dad started loading my suitcases and for some reason I just assumed that he had loaded my purse in the trunk. When we got to the airport I walked around to the trunk and realized that no, my purse was not there and I had left it at home. That had everything in it, all my ID and Caitlin's snacks and toys for the trip. Luckily the skycap guy let me check in my bag without ID and then my mom, Caitlin and I stayed at the airport while my dad raced back to our house to get my purse. We waited for about 40 very stressful minutes and encountered some very uncompassionate workers in the meantime. But without going into that much detail, my dad was able to make it back with my bag and I literally ran to my gate, barely hanging on to Caitlin and was the very last person on my flight. I was a wreck. They had already given away my seat to a stand-by flyer so I was put at the back of the plane and the flight was completely full. And then for 2 hours and 45 minutes, Caitlin was "that kid" on the plane. You know, the one that everyone wants to get away from and wishes they weren't sitting by and complains about afterwards? The poor thing was just so tired and couldn't get comfortable or be consoled. And i wasn't even mad at her at all because to be honest i felt like crying too after the ordeal we had just been through. Needless to say, we were VERY happy and relieved to see Paul when we got off the plane.          

No comments:

Post a Comment