8.16.2010

today i'm 37 weeks. and 3 days.

OFFICIALLY FULL TERM! COME OUT COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE BABY!
-So, at my Non-Stress Test on Thursday we found out my amount of amniotic fluid jumped up to 46. (A normal amount is around 22) A little alarming but still no reason for concern i guess. As our doctor told us, "It's not a problem for the baby, and it's not a health risk for you... it just makes you more uncomfortable. But that's still not a valid reason to induce you right way." awesome. Our little baby is going to LOVE swimming when she gets out because that is all she's doing in there. At some point i feel like my stomach won't be able to stretch anymore.. today at the doctor i measured 44 . I'm now 4 weeks overdue if you ask the measuring tape.
-She's definitely just taking her own sweet time. I'm still dilated to a 3 and still about 80% effaced. I am definitely ready to go into labor! The grandmas plan to get here the end of this week so anytime as of Friday will be perfect. I feel like I've held out long enough and with all this fluid in my belly i think i could literally burst. It's very uncomfortable.
-Today was my last day of work. It was kind of surreal, but nice. I still haven't officially decided if I will go back or not... but it's been a really good 2 years and I've learned a lot and grown a lot as a person and as a designer.
-Something that has just hit me as being really funny lately is when people say, "Just hang in there," or "Don't give up you're almost done." It's like: Well, thank you for the kind words because i was actually thinking about quitting. I'm just going to quit being pregnant. Tomorrow... I'm done. Umm kinda too late for that decision. I get what they mean but it's just funny if you think about it.
-If you need me, I'll be walking.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. congratulations! I'm excited for y'all. Can't wait to see pictures of the baby! :)

    "Hang in there".... hahaha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney I am so excited for you guys!! I can't imagine being 44 weeks big!!! Well you look adorable. Can't wait to meet your little girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete