8.10.2010

today i'm 36 weeks. and 4 days.

-On Friday (8/6) we got an ultrasound ordered by our doctor to see how our baby looks after finding out about my high amniotic fluid situation. Basically she looked great! She's already over 6 pounds and doesn't show any physical problems. It was so fun to have another ultrasound, although at this point I just really want to see her in person!! There are still risks involved that can't be completely ruled out with the high fluid, but at this point things are looking good. Here's a few previews of our little pride and joy:
profilelook at the chunky little arm!
all those little white lines are hair! Hallelujah! She'll at least have some.-I'll continue to get non-stress tests twice a week and keep a close eye on her until she decides to come out!
-I 've been getting some stronger contractions and at my doctor's appointment found out I am now dilated to a 3, and 80% effaced. We also found out the fluid is still building and now my tummy is measuring at 42! (so basically I am carrying as if I were 2 weeks overdue). When my doctor measured me she said "Wow.. 42. Some women never get to this point their whole pregnancy.. and you still don't even have stretch marks!" Thank you to my mother for the awesome no-stretch-mark genes! (and to Paul who is a natzi about cocoa-buttering!)
-I feel like I'm going to pop. My stomach is just SO full. I basically just want to be wearing Paul's basketball shorts and T-shirts.. real cute. So if you see me out in public in this, don't judge.
-I've been having dreams lately about my water breaking in public places. usually at work while I'm helping a customer. Let's hope this is not a dream that comes true.
-Mostly I'm just big and exhausted. I feel like i can't do anything normal anymore. However, someone asked me the other day if I've enjoyed being pregnant and I could honestly answered that yes, i have. I wouldn't say I've loved it like some women do, but I have had overall a really good pregnancy and it's gone by fast and my husband has been so so helpful and awesome and it will be all the more worth it when i get my little baby in my arms. It's been a fun adventure.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I forgot that you didn't show me the pictures! I am glad you posted them. Wait to have her till I get back... haha just kidding

    ReplyDelete