8.26.2010

my last full day of being pregnant

...that seems so crazy! We found out we were pregnant on January first, so I have been pregnant every single day of this 2010 year. It's been quite the adventure! I know I always say that about being pregnant but it really is just a little personal adventure. Everyday new and exciting/not exciting/weird/gross/unexpected things happen to you and you just never know what you're going to get! There are so many things about my pregnancy that have surprised me, things that have happened or not happened that I thought for sure when I was pregnant would be different. And then there have been things that I never even knew would happen that have surprised me. Overall I have felt really good about my pregnancy. It went by really fast for me (except for this last month.. that was crawling by). And I've been healthy the whole time. Of course there have been some ups and downs (and I've posted most of them on here) but all in all I've been really blessed, Paul's been really blessed and also been a HUGE blessing to me, and our baby has been really blessed. Because of all of our circumstances, I have such a firm testimony that this little baby girl is so meant to come to Earth right now and join our family. Even through our little risks that we've experienced and everything doctors have said I just know she will be perfect and that she will be the perfect baby for us to have. I'm so glad that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us and that He has created families because they are without a doubt the most important unit on Earth, and forever after that into eternity. I'm so thankful that I could be so lucky to have this pregnancy experience and grow this little life inside of me.
(look at that belly! It gets so lop-sided too)
I can't believe that TOMORROW I will finally meet my baby Caitlin and put a face with the name and little person who's been wiggling around in there for so long. I can't even explain how excited we are to see her and see what she looks like and just snuggle her all the time. I'm not scared for delivery anymore (ok maybe still a tiny bit) but mostly I just feel ready, I feel empowered and I feel like I can do it and it will go fine. I'm so glad that I've had this time to prepare over the last month, even though everyone was telling me I was for sure going to be early, the timing has worked out really well and everything is in place for her to come into our lives. I can't believe that tomorrow we will truly be parents!!
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. this made me get teary eyed! you are going to be such a great mom. i cant wait to meet caitlin! i wish so badly i could be there for this. miss you.

    ReplyDelete