9.04.2014

home tour: baby's room

The baby's room... I love it. It's definitely the most simple room I've done but it feels so fresh and clean. Being gender neutral has been a little hard, some things were definitely picked out with one gender in mind more than the other. But I feel like there is a good balance. Paul has been a lot more vocal about what he likes and doesn't like and has even said a few things must go if it's one or the other (or, just that the metallic pouf has to go if its a boy). Anyways I love the subtle moon and stars theme... I love the geometrical look of the stars and my "moon stone" book ends and even that big "full moon" pouf! I also love the mobile that I made from a branch we found up the canyon.
After the baby is born: I'll add the letter of their name above the crib and some big canvas newborn pictures on the wall across from that above the dresser.
Otherwise here it sits awaiting its tiny new occupant:




details: crib bedding = pottery barn kids, metallic pouf = Joss & Main, rug = Urban Outfitters, moon poster = etsy, wood star = antique shop, metallic star = down east home, dream print = made by me, everything else is re-used or made.

No comments:

Post a Comment