5.10.2010

my first mommy's day!

I had such a great first mother's day... it was so fun to celebrate with our little baby! It's crazy how attached i feel to something that is inside of me. Eventhough i've never seen her, i know she's in there and she's depending on me. It's hard to explain but i love that feeling. Moms to me are women who would do anything for their kids, and that's how my mom is and that's how Paul's mom is. And that is definitely how i want to be. It's funny how that feeling starts so early in the game, and never ever goes away.

We went to church in the morning, then when we got home Paul gave me my present... He got me an adorable frame that I've been wanting from my work (i'm a little obsessed with frames). I've wanted it for so long and I've told Paul about it, but I was so touched that he would remember and go and get it to surprise me and get me something that i really really wanted. He is so thoughtful and one of the things i love most about him is that he always does absolutely everything he can just to make me happy.

After that we set up our crib!! We've had the box in the baby's room for awhile now and i was so excited to finally set it up! I love it! It is bigger than i thought it would be... i bet our baby will look so tiny in it! I love having it actually set up in the room, it makes it seem so real and close!
Photobucket

We had dinner with Morgan and Whitney and the boys made us delicious shish-kabobs and other things. Then the Barnes came over and we talked and played games.
Photobucket
I am SO excited to be a mom. I've been dreaming about this time in my life and wishing for it for so long and now it's finally here. Every time i feel my baby move i get so excited and i just can't wait to see her! I think being a mom is the greatest opportunity and gift that i could have and i just can't wait to get started!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good mothers day! :) That was very sweet of Paul to get you that frame that you wanted.

    If you could please email me(jk1261@hotmail.com) or facebook me y'alls address I would appreciate it. I asked my gramma to get it from Pauls parents but i think she might have forgotten. ;)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete