11.20.2013

lessons learned

The latter part of October and beginning of November was a challenging time for Paul and I as we passed through a difficult trial but I would feel so ungrateful if I did not publicly acknowledge my gratitude for sweet family and friends and their concern, prayers, kind gestures and thoughts to help me. I am also thankful for the lessons I continue to learn from this experience.
I am grateful to my loving Heavenly Father for giving me chances to grow and learn more about myself and his plan for me and our family. I appreciate that the fact that I have trials in my life is because He is helping me and wanting me to become better. Everything happens for a reason and will be for our good. Reminds me of this poem that I love: 
Many times when I go through trials in my life I feel isolated, like I am the only one dealing with heavy situations or like all I can think about it what is happening to me and feeling bad for myself. When in reality everyone has trials and everyone is going through something. In this same time frame that I was dealing with my burdens I learned of three other friends facing hard challenges in their lives, friends that are good people and you would never think anything could be wrong. It gave me the motivation to be always available for others to serve, help, or be a listening ear and to never think that I am the only one with challenges in life and no matter what happens it could be worse.  

This is all part of life and learning to live it the best we can...

1 comment: