5.01.2013

joys of motherhood: april

-I think I do pretty well documenting funny things that Caitlin says,  But I still feel like this is only a small portion, and some of it really can't even be explained through writing. Her little voice and the way she says things are half of it, it's so hard to capture it all. To try to get most of them I usually write them down on my phone in a note as soon as she says them then keep them all there until I'm ready to do this post. unfortunately the note for this month's collection was erased. (little hands...)
So, here's a few Caitlinisms that I remember:
-Anything that has happened in the past = "last night", whether it really truly happened last night or not. Anything that is happening in the future = "in a different day"
-We passed a lady pushing a cart on our way into Target. In her cart was sitting a cute little black girl in braids with colored beads at the end. Caitlin was looking very closely at her hair and after we passed she turned to me and said "Mommy, that girl had treats in her hair!"
-The other day I looked over and Caitlin was laying on couch sprawled out on her back with arms out wide. I said "Caitlin what are you doing? Relaxing?" and she said "No mom, i'm just doing my workouts" If only working out was that serene.
-She likes to have a little pillow talk before she goes to bed, or a lot of pillow talk as the case may be. The other night I sang her her songs and told stories as per usual and then I was laying there with her to fall asleep and she peeked one eye open and then the other and said "so. mom... you have a good day?" haha so then we had to talk about our days a little bit.

-Moments like this make my heart sing. Best friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment