5.16.2013

weekend review

Another great weekend. Paul has been traveling almost every week since April, so when the weekend hits we both have about a million things on our to-do and want-to-do lists and of couse we never have time to pack in all in but we still have a good time.

Friday night Paul went to an MMA fight with some friends and I went to a girl's crafting night. We were both happy with our decisions. I worked with my friend Stephanie making "fairy houses" for an upcoming event she is hosting and it was so much fun to get creative.
 Saturday morning first thing we went to get our cars washed. The kids were so mesmerized.

Later that morning we attended the Pack family's sealing in the Draper temple. Little Lucy was sealed to Evan and Heather and it was so beautiful. I had no idea that I would get that emotional but just seeing this family in such a visual way being sealed together was so touching. After the sealing we went to their church building and Evan gave Lucy a really beautiful father's blessing and then we had lunch. The Pack's also shared some exciting news-- they are pregnant! So excited for them and the wonderful things happening in their lives.

Saturday night we had a bunch of friends over for a badminton tournament. After going to Paul's uncle Steve's birthday party a few weekend ago and playing there we got hooked for the summer. We got a set and put in up in our yard and then ordered pizza and let the kids run around while the adults got really serious about our couples tournament. It was really fun and apparently I was too focused to take any pictures.

On Sunday Paul had to take some Benadryl and it knocked him out cold (as it always does). I was getting ready and  Caitlin came and found me whispered "Mom, can I go snuggle Daddy?" I thought it was so cute and I knew he wouldn't wake up for anything so I said yes. She climbed in our big bed with him very slowly and quietly and was so content, I thought it was so precious.


Also wanted to mention some other going-ons...
My sister Cassie returned home from her mission on April 27th. It's been a hard decision for me to come to grips with but one that was hers to make. Life takes unexpected twists and turns and I definitely would not have seen this coming but I want her to be happy and so far she feels confident in her decision to come home and what the future holds.

Rebekah and Jordan McCullough get engaged! They were engaged on May 6th, and from what I can tell Jordan did a great job with the proposal and of course Rebekah said yes. They will be married July 6th in Texas and we are very excited for them. Jordan is a great guy and we are excited to have him as part of the family!


No comments:

Post a Comment