8.07.2012

meanwhile in texas

Our kids had just as much fun as we did. We were so lucky that the Dicksons were able to watch them for us. We got to call them about every other day and talk to Caitlin on the phone and see how everything was going and every time we called it sounded like they were having so much fun. They went swimming (Caitlin even started going off the diving board!), went to the sprinkler park, and got tons of cousin time with the Meads. Among other things I'm sure. We got the cutest pictures from them of their adventures.

I did better being away from the kids than i thought i would. Not to say that it wasn't difficult but i really thought i might be a wreck everyday in Africa and I was ok. I had a couple times when i really missed them and had to look at their pictures and cry a little. A huge part of why I did ok though was because i knew they were having so much fun and being so well taken care of. Although Nolan for sure got bigger without me and Caitlin was saying new words and just acted like she owned the place.

I wish Paul and I could have spent more time in Texas, we got about 20 hours on the way back. When we got on our plane from JFK to Austin I started getting giddy with excitement to see our kids. It was awesome to be reunited that night. The next day we finally got to see Christine and Chris' new house which is SO nice and finally got to meet our newest niece: Corinne. She is such a doll! Literally, she looks like a doll. She is so cute and sweet and I didn't get enough time with her at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment