8.01.2012

joys of motherhood: July

-Caitlin is obsessed with taking off her shirt. Especially when she sees someone else with less clothes on than her, she wants to get "nakey!" Whether it's another baby or Paul doing yardwork, she's a joiner. The other day we were watching a weight loss TV show and the girl as getting weighed in wearing her sports bra and shorts and Caitlin saw it and immediately started trying to take her shirt off.

-Caitlin loves to dance. If you tell her to dance she has a little bag of tricks that she will do that will always include: bouncing up and down, shaking her bum, trying to jump (i say trying because her feet don't actually leave the floor but she thinks she's jumping) and doing front rolls.

-So here's my first and only breastfeeding story that i will share: I needed to feed Nolan while we were at the stadium of fire and the stands were a little public for me so i went in the closest bathroom. There was no where to sit and it was BURNING hot in there so i wasn't about to lock myself into a stall so there were some boxes stacked up off to one side so i sat on the boxes and started feeding him. I swear that was the longest he has ever taken to eat and that bathroom must have been the busiest one in the whole stadium. It didn't really bother me, made for some good people watching. So i had my phone sitting next to me and it kept dropping and my phone cover would come off every time. So i was trying to bend over and get my phone while nursing. This happened 3 times. Each time i just got my phone and left the cover there to get later. Twice some ladies came by and asked if it was mine and then picked it up for me. But my personal favorite was when a little girl about 7 years old stood there and stared at my whole situation for honestly 5 minutes and then asked "umm is that your phone cover?" and i said "yah it is" and she said "oh ok." and walked away. Thank you for checking.

-Caitlin can spot sprinklers ("wa wa!") and bikes ("bye") from miles away. She sees them and points them out before i even notice they are there. Bikes include any type of wheeled vehicle from a 4 wheeler to a motorcycle and she always likes to point out when they are wearing "hats" (helmets). Safety first.

-Caitlin is either awake or asleep. There is no inbetween... no resting or chilling or falling asleep in the car. It's one or the other. And her awake is high energy. Luckily she is a good sleeper at night. 

-We don't get solicitors coming to our door too often but it definitely happens. I'm the worst at turning people down, i just don't like the confrontation. BUT if the first thing they ask when I answer the door is if I am the home owner (with a very doubtful/questioning expression), or if my mom is around, it makes it pretty easy to turn them down. In my mind you just can't recover from that. I know I should probably take it as a compliment but i'm sick of it and it happens pretty much every time.

-And now for some pictures of life:
 #1: playing outside.. all she needs is a water bottle and a tea cup and she is entertained and all he needs is a place to chill #2: a little tummy time #3: tiny (but actually kind of big!) baby feet #4: this is how i was greeted the other morning #5: best buddies (most of the time) #6: loves jewelry but i don't know why she insists on wearing her bracelets here? #7: ever the helper. #8: she found an ear of corn in the fridge and shucked it and started eating it raw all within about 5 minutes.

-While Paul and I were on our trip I got to read a book! I read: "Bloom" by Kelle Hampton. It is a memoir about her life and her experience having a child born with Down Syndrome. It was SO good. I cried a lot but in a good way. She is so candid and open and honest and i really appreciated that in her writing. So anyway I'd recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment