8.09.2012

anniversary

We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary this year and celebrate we did! Rather than limiting ourselves to only July 27th, we basically chalked up every fun and extravagant adventure to an anniversary celebration. So, our 5th anniversary included: a trip to Ghana, side trips in New York and New Jersey and Texas, and then once we were back we went to see the Batman movie (on the actual day) and the day after got a couples massage and sushi! Excellent! (If anyone is wondering, we decided to count New Jersey as our "state" for this year, in keeping with our tradition).


In all seriousness, 5 years is a big milestone, but not one that was hard to get to. I absolutely love being married to Paul. He makes everyday fun. He is my best friend and my greatest supporter and I love everything about him. We had a long talk about how amazing our life is and how blessed we are and how we could have never even imagined 5 years ago where we would be today. Then we talked about where we thought we would be 5 years from now. Life is so amazing how it takes all its twists and turns and even though it's not always easy I feel so incredibly blessed to have Paul as my partner through it. Sometimes it feels like we have been married forever and sometimes it feels like it just happened yesterday. Where does time go? Glad I have forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment