3.11.2015

ⓕⓔⓑⓡⓤⓐⓡⓨ

Other highlights from our month of love:

-(2.6) Paul was traveling a lot at the beginning of the month (he travels about twice a month, this time they were back to back plus some). I planned a girls night with friends and we got pedicures, dinner and dessert. Everywhere we went they kept closing so we were the last people in each place. It was lots of fun, lots of good conversation and girl time.
-I got my hair cut and colored. I tried a new girl and it's been a big change. I've had my hair like this before but not for awhile and so it always feels different. With having had extensions and my hair falling out with hormones changing after Maverick I needed some serious help! I feel like I got a complete overhaul and my hair is thanking me for it.
On the flip side, Paul has been growing out his hair for almost 6 months now. He has a bet going with a few friends that no on can cut their hair before April 1st. Luckily it's turned out to be a good look for him and he's loving it!

-(2.16) We spent Presidents' Day in Moab. We went down the night before and hot tubbed and stayed in the hotel room then Jeeped all morning. The weather was a little crazy.. windy and even ended up snowing for a little bit! Definitely not the typical Moab weather we would want but it made us glad to be in a Jeep and not the RZR. The kids loved it as always and Maverick did great for his first crazy ride around the Moab trails! After Jeeping we got lunch and then went swimming at the Moab Aquatic center. They had a huge slide and pool and diving boards and Caitlin even went off the high dive! Very proud. Then we showered off and headed home. It was a really fun day to spend together.


-(2.20-22) I took a girls trip with some ladies from my ward (our old Young Women's presidency). We went to Scottsdale, Arizona. We shopped, ate, layed by the pool, hiked, went to a movie, and talked and played games late into the night. It was a blast. I had to buy another bag for all the stuff i bought, and we stuck by our tradition of letting no meal go wasted and I tried Thai food for the first time and ended it all with Sprinkles cupcakes on the way to the airport. I had so much fun, I'm so thankful for the friendships I have in our ward and neighborhood and how much I love and admire and learn from the ladies around me!






-(2.23) I took Caitlin on a date to see the "Pinkalicious" musical at the Scera theater. This has been one of her favorite books since she turned one and we had her pinkalicious party. She knows it by heart and when I was buying the book for her party (3+ years ago) I accidentally bought the musical CD instead of the book! So we've had the CD of all the songs of the musical for years now and have been listening to it in the car, so she knows all the songs by heart as well. I knew I just had to take her. It was fun, although extremely cheesy as expected. But Caitlin loved it, and I loved taking he













-(2.24) The Turnbulls are moving to San Diego. It's all happened really quickly and still seems surreal. We had a going away party for them and played games and held a lip syncing competition. At the end we lip synced "Every Step you take" by P Diddy and it was super emotional! I'm excited for the Turnbulls to have this opportunity for a new adventure but so sad to have them go. Ever since Paul and Taylor got back from their missions our families have been together - dating, getting married a week apart, having our kids... I don't know Utah life without them! They will be truly missed!  


-(2.27) Vivint Solar new campus groundbreaking ceremony. They broke ground for the first of three new buildings for their new campus, set to be finished March 2016. The governor came and spoke about business growth in Utah Valley. Very exciting! Paul has been heavily involved in executing this project and we are excited to see it unfold. After the ceremony they let Paul drive a track hoe and that was probably the highlight for him.

-(2.27-3.1) What we are now referring to as the "Cowtown Cancelled Trip". Over a month ago we told my dad if he did the "Whole 30" eating program with us then we would come down and run the Cowtown 10k with him as part of our training for the marathon we are doing in September. We signed u[, along with Stewart and Lorraine and made plans to come down. Little did we know that Dallas would be having crazy winter weather and a Texas snow storm would stand in our way! We got the call from my dad when we were literally on our way to the airport that the race had been cancelled! Since we already had everything in place and there was nothing we could do about our tickets we decided to go down anyway! Dicksons came up and we had a fun, although unplanned weekend in Southlake. Suer enough we landed in Texas to more snow that we had left (like 2-3 inches!) We went to dinner and played games that night. On Saturday we got outfitted with new running shoes, looked at model homes in the area, had lunch at Chuy's, talked, hung out and had BBQ for dinner! We left early Sunday morning. The company and food made the weekend worth it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment