3.11.2015

joys of motherhood: february

"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. The fact is that most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high dregree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old-time rail journey, delays, side tracks, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." 
Gordon B Hinckley quoting Jenkin Lloyd Jones.
I thought this was an interesting quote when I first read it. So interesting I looked up the talk that I came from. Pres Hinckley gave a speech to the students of BYU at a devotional and used this thought. He then went on to talk about faith for the rest of his speech. He ended with, "This, my brethren and sisters, is what our presence on this campus is all about: that faith might increase and be manifest and reflected in our lives and through us in the lives of others." 
I'm all about looking for moments of bliss, and also all about having faith. Having faith through our trying times and coming out and enjoying the ride when it's not so trying. Having faith as an everyday action and mutually having gratitude. I pray that my faith increases each day and shows itself to those around me and I pray that I remember to enjoy my journey and be thankful to the Lord for the wonderful, challenging, amazing, blissful and trying times in my life. 

-Nolan is getting more into super heroes and he got a few capes in his dress up box at Christmas,. Lately he was been wanting to "woosh" everywhere. He put on a cape and runs aroud saying "woosh! woosh!" and many times he wants you to do it with him. i.e: "Nolan time for bed lets race to your room!" 
N: "No! Let's woosh!"
(goes back to his room and comes out with capes for both of us and we have to put them on and woosh together)

-Caitlin has the idea that if you run and are active it gives you energy. She doesn't really know what energy is but she knows its good to have and I think somewhere along the lines she learned you have to have energy to be active, or maybe she just heard "get energy (OUT)" and missed the last word. Anyways a few of the lines are a little crossed. Regardless, she'll often say "Ok I've gotta run around a little and get some energy!" 

-The other day Caitlin said, "Maverick is just off the hook! he's so cute!"

-(2.4) The kids loving having dance parties! Caitlin especially likes incorpoarating as many outfit changes as possible then dancing and singing on the"stage" (the ottoman in the family room) Usually Disney songs are the favorite but they are expanding their repertoire to some top 40 songs also.

No comments:

Post a Comment