8.25.2014

August begins

Our last month of summer! Also my last month of being pregnant. We went out with a bang! This summer has been so fun, we have literally done things every day and gotten out in the sunshine and explored and the kids have loved it. They've actually gotten quite spoiled by it.. I'm a little worried at what they will expect for entertainment once things slow down and follow more of a routine in the fall!

-This has been in the works, but we officially got the magazine this month so I needed to include it! Paul was chosen as part of Recharge News 40 under 40 "Leaders working to transform global energy"
His article was really well written and I am very proud of Paul and how much he stands out in the business world, he is savvy beyond his years and most of all a very hard worker. He is passionate about what he does and the people he works with and it shows.
INFO about the initiative
Paul's article in the magazine
Press Release announcement
-For the first couple weeks of the month we had my mom and Grandma & Grandpa Goulding here. My mom came for Zoey's birthday and then stayed to help my grandparents move into their new place! They have moved to Provo to some condos called "Trellis on the Green" and have a really nice place. It's been fun to already so so much more of them and we look forward to it! The kids already love them and know them. We also celebrated my mom's birthday, she helped me with a few projects, and the kids got to spend lots of time with Grammie.

 -Rebekah also came up for a visit to attend a wedding and it was so fun to have her here again. We can't wait until school starts and her and Jordan are back for good! We've missed them this summer!

-Paul took Nolan to the Gottfredson cabin along with a few friends and their sons and they had a daddy/sons overnighter. They fished and explored and swam and did fireworks and had such a great time. Nolan absolutely loved being with all the boys and outdoors and with his daddy especially. I love that Paul enjoys doing things like that too and I love how much he tries to put in special time with the kids.

-While the boys were gone, we had a girl's night out to dinner then to see the "Fiddler on the Roof" musical at Sundance! We brought blankets and sat on the lawn and enjoyed the show. It was an awesome performance and Caitlin loved it too! It was a really fun night!
-It was Zoey's first birthday! She turned one and had a cute fishy party! We ate and swam and had cake and lots of fun.
-We had a family cabin day on the 9th. We decided to just go up for the day and a few other families joined us. It was seriously a dream day... we fished, threw rocks and dipped out toes in the river, went on the swings, went on RZR rides, snacked, chased cows around, roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and set off a few fireworks. The kids were completely in heaven! They fell asleep within about 5 minutes of getting in the car. I love how much they love being outside and how they can still be entertained by the simplest of things.


-The kids had their first dentist appointment on the 12th. They has so much fun and it was basically like Christmas.. they got so much loot! They loved it. Both of their teeth look great. Caitlin has all of hers and Nolan just needs his upper molars. No cavities and they learned to brush, floss etc. Afterwards we went and saw Paul to tell him about it and he asked Caitlin what she did and she said "They taught me how to brush my teeth but I already knowed how to do it!" Haha
-On the 12th Paul took me to see the musical "Wicked" !! When I heard it was coming to town I knew I HAD to see it. I'd been wanting to see it for years and already knew a lot of the music. Paul more than obliged by getting us front row tickets and to say that I loved it is a complete understatement! It was amazing! I loved getting to know the actual story line and hearing the music. All of the cast was so talented and I enjoyed every second!

-We took the family to the Monster Truck Rally with the Meads on the 14th. It was a blast! There were (obviously) monster trucks as well as ton truck races and even lawnmower races! Caitlin really wanted her won little lawnmower to ride around. The kids loved it... as they love anything wild and loud. Nolan was SO excited to see all the trucks. At first they were covering their ears but by the end they were used to it and shouting and stomping and getting so into it (could have also had to do with the massive amounts of cotton candy and treats consumed from the fair vendors).

-Saturday (16th) we drove the RZR up the Alpine loop and went to Cascade Springs and did the little hike (walk) there. Nolan ran almost teh whole thing and Caitlin took her time to stop and read every single sign. She also was looking for bugs the whole time (notice her "looking goggles" in the pic). After that we went swimming at Humphrey's then Paul rode the Alpine Loop!

-Our garden is booming! Year after year I am so pleasantly surprised at how well it does. We especially have a lot of tomatoes, basil, cherry tomatoes, and bell peppers. Also starting to get more cucumbers and spaghetti squash and strawberries. The cherry tomatoes we planted started all turning orange and I patiently waited and waited for them to be red and they just weren't turning. So finally I popped one in my mouth and it was so sweet and delicious! Turns out we planted an orange variety! They are awesome! I've been having tomato caprese salad almost everyday and I'm loving it!! We've made pesto and I look forward to making salsa!

1 comment:

  1. What fun summer activities!! Caitlin's overalls are KILLING me.

    ReplyDelete