6.03.2014

Southlake, Texas

May 17th-24 the kids and I decided to go to visit my parents in Southlake. We spent a fun week there doing all kinds of activities, chasing around the kitties, eating never ending popsicles and being spoiled by Grammie and Papa.
-The flight there was my biggest personal hurdle. Flying with a three year old, a lap child and being 6 months pregnant over two flights and a 3.5 hour layover took a lot of mental preparation for me but I'm happy to say it actually went really well! The kids were great, we were able to get our own row on both flights and even scouted out a nice somewhat empty place in the Denver airport for a picnic lunch and lots of people watching.

-Sunday we started our week off right with church with my parents and dinner with my grandparents and even home made ice cream! (Told you we got spoiled) the kids helped papa make the ice cream in the morning and Caitlin got really into her ice crushing duties... that girl can work a mallet.

-Monday we went shopping for new pool toys and took a wagon ride to play at the park. The kids swam with Papa almost every night and loved it.


-Tuesday we went to Grapevine Mills mall and in between mom and Grammie's shopping we rode the train, rode the carousel, got lunch and visited the aquarium! During nap time my Grandma was kind enough to come over while my mom and I went to the antique mall! One of my favorite places to explore and find new treasures when I'm home.

-Wednesday we saw the movie Rio 2 and then that night my grandparents came over for dinner and to visit. During dinner Great Grandpa Goulding told Caitlin that he had seen a fox earlier that day and she had so many questions about it and what it looked like that he drew one for her. The two sat at the table drawing for a little while together.


-Thursday we had a pool party! Two of my long time friends (Marianne Bluth and Chelsie Campbell) are now living in the Dallas area so we invited them and their kids over for swimming and lunch. It was a lot of fun! The kids all played really well together and it was fun to get caught up with them and their darling families. That night we visited my Dad at his new office at Gamestop in Grapevine and then went to Torchy's Tacos for dinner.



-Friday we played outside and got packed up and went for one last swim before leaving on our road trip back to Utah.

-My dad drove us through the night and we got home late afternoon the next day. The kids were troopers. Although they did prove they could pose quite a threat in any all-nighter contest... I probably got the most sleep out of anyone so I can't complain. We had dinner with my siblings that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment