6.09.2014

...along the way in May

May has brought some nice weather and taken us into thinking about summer which has been very nice. Here are a few things of note this month:

-The Meads are finally here! Christine and the kids came up to join Chris in their new house May 7th and we have LOVED having them. The kids are obsessed with each other and it has been so much fun, we are so glad they are finally here! We celebrated Corinne's 2nd birthday on the 8th by going out to dinner, doing a pinata and having cake.
-Lorraine came to visit for the first week of May! We always love having her here and she was able to help out with the Meads moving in. We also got to have her here to celebrate Mother's day which was fun.
-We've had fun play dates with friends and now also cousins and playing at the park, splash pad, Thanksgiving point farm, and enjoying this warm weather!

-We've also gone on a lot of razor rides (the wilder the better for the kids!) and had a few snow cones. Nothing says summer like a snow cone!
-We "celebrated" Memorial Day by going furniture shopping and having a pizza party in the backyard (Paul was bear hunting). But we did dress patriotically. We spotted flags everywhere and Caitlin kept calling it "Cereal day"
-The work at our house continues to press on. I had hoped to be done by the end of the month but that won't be the case. Everything is looking great though and I continue to remind myself to enjoy the creative process. Paul surprised me by having them build the pergola outside while I was out of town!
-Our garden is planted and doing great! So far I have only harvested cilantro but the other little baby plants look so cute. Can't wait to start getting tomatoes and peppers and everything else.
-I took Caitlin to the Fairy party on the 29th. We went last year as well, my friend Steph puts on a Fairy Tour party for girls as a charity event where they can get their faces painted, explore gardens with fairy houses, do little crafts and have treats. It's adorable. We met Bella and Nora there and the three little girls were in heaven.
-My mom stayed after we drove back and I got to have her help me with projects and hang out for the last week of May. My dad came up to drive back with her and we went to Ruth's Diner as a family for breakfast and enjoyed a fun day with him before they headed back.

No comments:

Post a Comment