6.19.2014

Cortney: 7 months along

Third trimester time!! Very exciting and also a little nerve racking as the reality of how short 3 months is begins to set in!

Symptoms: I feel good in general. Just tired. All the time. Some days in fact I'm so tired all I can thinking about is when will be my next chance to grab some sleep. Usually those days are full of movies and sitting on the couch and bored kids. Sorry guys. Although some days I feel very energetic and I try to make the most of those days and get things done.
Cravings: Back on the sweets. I'm ashamed thinking about some of the candy-only lunches I've consumed. I'm especially into the sour patch watermelon candies... now a staple in my pantry. I've also gotten really into Cinnamon Life. I'm usually not much of a cereal eater but I could have that any time of the day, and sometimes do.
Fitness: I'm feeling big(ger) than with my last two. I actually looked up pictures for photographic analysis and concluded I am indeed looking a few weeks bigger. Guess that's how it goes with baby #3. I feel more pregnant than I am. I'm already feeling aches, pains and uncomforts that usually don't come until later on. Even though I'm not totally huge, I feel like i'm lugging around a huge belly and body. My weight gain is pretty steady and still working out some. One of my workout teachers didn't know i was pregnant (couldn't really tell with the shirt i was wearing) and felt the need to poke my tummy while i was on my back trying to do abs during class. Umm yah, there's a baby in there. I'm doing the best I can down here. I will admit though I've liked working out some while being pregnant.
News: This baby is getting stronger! As of last month is was till not super wiggly. I had been taking an allergy pill everyday that was completed OK by my doctor however I stopped taking it and the baby's movements increased by about 3 times! I don't know if it's coincidence of something to do with the medicine but this baby is movin' now! The most active time is usually the most at night before I go to bed.
I got my first pregnancy comment from a stranger around 22 weeks. It was the girl doing my pedicure. She asked "So how far along are you?" and then I told her and she asked "Is this your first?" {bless your heart} "nope it's my third" it felt SO weird to say it was my third! Three kids!! Woah.
Drank the dreaded orange drink for the glucose test. The best way I can explain that drink is orange cough syrup that they had tried to add a little carbonation to make it better but then it went flat. Anyways I passed and everything looked totally normal.. even after eating my cereal with sugar on it that morning. 
I had some REALLY weird pains on June 6th. It started as a dull pain on the right side of my belly button on my stomach. The pain would grow in intensity and spread to my back. At the peak it was the most intense sharp pain I have EVER felt... literally brought me to tears and i could not move or breathe. Then it would back down and then build up again. This happened for about 30-40 minutes. I finally sat down for a good period of time and the pain subsided. I called my doctor's office and they suspected either a UTI or kidney stones however the pain never returned. Which I was glad for! But it still remains a mystery.
I got another ultrasound at my 28 week appointment. At 20 weeks they saw a small cyst on the baby's head over the brain. My doctor said it is usually a developmental thing and goes away. If it grows, it can block fluid drainage from the brain. Which is why we did this ultrasound. Good news! There was no evidence of the cyst. However, the cisterna magna (i think that's what it's called?) the part of the brain where fluid collects and drains was measuring a tiny bit larger than normal. Therefore, I will be getting another ultrasound in 3 weeks at my next appointment to measure that area and make sure there are no fluid drainage problems. The doctor is not worried and neither am I. I will see what happens in a few weeks and move on from there. I also found out that the baby is measuring about a week bigger than where I am!
Inklings: Still feeling like its a girl, but not necessarily hoping its a girl. That sounds bad. What I mean is that I will be SUPER happy either way, but intuition is saying girl. However I have other days when I absolutely feel like it's a boy so really it just depends on the day. After having my last ultrasound and seeing our baby's cute profile and a few features the baby looked so chubby! Definitely reminded me more of Nolan than a dainty feminine.
Paul is using his intense mental willpower and willing it to be a boy. But he has acknowledged that "it's ok" if its a girl.
I'm feeling a little anxious that we don't have names for sure picked out. We are really dragging our feet, maybe because we feel like we don't have to commit to one yet. I also know that either way one of our names won't be used and I feel like I don't want to become too connected to one or the other in case it's not that gender. We have a general list but nothing picked out for sure, for either gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment